Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with ball python

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by JurrdY, Jun 24, 2019.

1. JurrdY

JurrdY PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

My ball python is always on the light in the morning and the light is on a timer. I had to move him off it today as he wasn't budging. Any reason why he is doing this? It wouldn't bother me but that light gets really hot and scared he might get burned.

upload_2019-6-24_13-9-59.jpeg

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

You shouldn't have a light in with a snake unless it's covered by a cage...for the exact same reason you are showing here. Snakes haven't always the sense to move and this is how they get burnt all too often.

What has he got to climb, hook round on in his Viv?
    Are your temperatures ok in the big too?

3. JurrdY

JurrdY PetForums Newbie

Went back to the reptile shop and spoke to someone there, he forgot to put the light cage in as it came as a complete setup. The snake seems very happy. He eats, does a complete shed, hides all day and active at night. He's not even a month old yet and now comfortable in his environment so decides to climb and explore I did look over his body for burns and seems to be spotless. Guess I got an lucky escape this time. Thank you for your response.

Attached Files:

A perfect storm and lullabydream like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice