Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with a Bladder problem.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by dad 2 a welshie, Feb 22, 2008.

1. dad 2 a welshie

dad 2 a welshie PetForums Junior

Hi All,

Sorry to have to post this but i could do with some advice,

I have Jilly who has had Cystitis 3 times on the trot now and after speaking with the vet decided to spay her. Well to cut a long story sort they have found a huge lump on her bladder which wasn't operable and the result of it is that Jilly is becoming a little incontinent. It is something i wasn't expecting to hear and want to make the rest of her time here as comfy as possible.

So i have found these people Washable dog nappy, dog nappies for dog incontinence & incontinent dogs. and wonder if anyone has used them. I was hoping that by getting her one i maybe could alleviate any soreness that might happen as the wee would be absorbed by the pad.

I have also thought about getting some wet wipes but unsure of which to buy, Doggy ones or maybe baby wet wipes.

Thanks for any help or other thoughts you might have to make things as comfortable as i can for her.

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

We used to use 'dog nappies' on some of the dogs out in America in fact have a photo of one with his 'belly' band on they were great and as long as they were changed often enough didn't smell and didn't make him sore instead of wet wipes I would just give her a wash down with a weak solution of hibiscrub

download 1 120.jpg

As you can see it really bothered him LOL

3. Katherna

Katherna PetForums Senior

I personally wouldn't use wet-wipes on the dog, water and a cloth that you can boil wash (if you want to use something that you can wash lots of times) or something like the cheap cloths (those that are like J-cloths) if you want to throw away after use. Wet-wipes (well baby ones anyway) will remove marker pen from almost any surface so are probably not the best thing to use, and will probably sting the dog (try wiping the same area on yourself with one to see if they sting). I don't really know anything about doggy nappies (only human ones) but you'd be wanting something that you could put a liner into it to draw away the wetness but to contain any solids, baby 1 way nappy liners would probably work and are only a couple of pounds for about 100 and you can cut them to size, so they'd last longer. If you are going to use the washable ones then I'd suggest getting a bucket with a lid to keep soiled ones in so that you can wash a few together, remember these nappies should be able to be washed at 60 degrees to eliminate any bacteria that may end up on there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice