Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HELP! what do i do? PLEASE read!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kerrybramble, Apr 16, 2011.

1. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

Well some of you remember the situation with Rox the German shepherd and bramble attacking her which ended in Bramble being rehomed last year. Well some of you may remember that we got my mum a puppy called pixie (terrier cross). Well roxy has just, about and hour ago KILLED pixie! everyone went out to a friends house and my sister went back early to find blood everywhere and a dead puppy! :'( im devastated! my mum is heartbroken and they now cant even stand to look at roxy! they want to send her off to RSPCA but i know that what she has done is awful but I cant let them put her into a rescue home! she will never get rehomed!

what the heck do i do! im an emotional wreck and have no idea what to do now!

oh and just to say, pixie was 6 months and had just come into her first season (which is why we think the fight started?)

R.I.P baby, gone but not forgotten!

2. kerrybramble

is there no one here?

3. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

I am really sorry to hear what has happened.It must have been awful to come home to.

I'm afraid I have no advice as I've never been in this situation before.

I just wanted to bump the post up for you.

Run free Pixie.

4. Yes Kerry! I am here and to be quiet honest for one I am dumbstruck! I really do not know what to say, what a terrible ordeal you have witnessed! I really cannot offer any help nor advise as I honestly do not know what I would do,, Just very sorry to read this.

5. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Sorry i just do not know what to say!! For once in my life i am left speechless.

I hope someone can come on and say something that will help, but i doubt it as sounds like there is nothing that can be done, whether your mum will just call the dog warden herself or RSPCA and report the incident i don't know. :(:(

6. kerrybramble

thank you guys, i really dont know what to think myself. I dont live at home now. I had text my mum to ask how her evening was going and got the phone call to say it had just happened!we were only all out for a walk a few hours ago and laughin at how silly she was being messing about in the field and barking at random things! i just cant imagine how much pain she must have been in and she had to go through it alone! writing this is bringing me to tears.she wasnt mine, and wasnt very old but she was a part of our family and was meant to be there to cheer my mum up and be her baby, but now she has just broken her heart more than it was before after having to rehome bramble. and that is my fault because it was my idea to get her a new pup!

7. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Not sure what to suggest as the worst has happened I guess :(-

I am guessing they were not seperated while you were out.

Has he shown any aggression to the pup before this evening?

A million questions that could be asked I guess, all if's and but's. I can understand how everyone must be shocked now and how some may be unable to think of the GSD in the same light at the moment but it isn't really any point in taking out your emotions on him. Very, very sorry for your loss.

8. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

9. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Can i just ask a question, did the german shephard attack bramble and that is why you had to rehome bramble???

Did you seperate the 2 dogs before you went out?

10. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

awwww no....I'm so sorry to hear that :(

I've never been in that position before...my jaw literally dropped as I read your post. In the first instance I would contact GSD rescue over the RSPCA. The RSPCA will not try to help or rehome...Rox would be PTS.

GSD rescue could take the dog in as an emergency case possibly and assess better. They are committed to helping the animal first and foremost and the future for Rox may not be as bleak as you think. It's worth a shot.

11. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

omg its one thing for a dog to attack another dog but to kill it! I dont know what to suggest. I am so sorry for you :(

12. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

How awful :(

Who does Roxy belong to? If she belongs to your mum, I suppose ultimately it will be her decision to make.

13. kerrybramble

i have told them that they cant just get rid of her and that its something that can happen with two in-tact females, my mum probably could be persuaded but her fiance (whose dog roxy is) wont have it, he cant believe what she has done and as it is so new cant look at her without hating her. i have persuaded him to let me try and figure something out that wont end up with her in kennels and he has agreed and promised nothing will be done until i am all out of options :(

14. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

So very sorry to read this thread. Rip little one.
    I've no advice only that my thoughts are with you all xxxx

15. Old Shep

Old Shep PetForums VIP

Absolutly awful. I am so sorry. The only advice I would give is it not make any rash decisions. Wait at least a few days before deciding what to do. Sorry I'm not much help :(

16. emma-jen

emma-jen PetForums Newbie

O my goodness, what can I say except that I'm really sorry to hear your news. :( I like the other people who has replied to your message can only say that I am completely shocked, I have never had to deal with your situation and I pray to god I never do. That, I know, doesn't help you at all, but I just wanted you to know that your message hasn't gone unread by the forum members, I'm extremely upset to hear what happened and as I was reading your message I have to confess that I cried which is why I am only just replying to you. You are in an unbearable postion and I don't know how your situation will turn out but please keep us informed. My thoughts are with you and your family.

17. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I dont have any more advice other than has already been given, only to say nobody could have seen this was going to happen so dont blame yourself for getting Pixie. I can understand your mums feelings to be honest but if they are willing to let you try to find her a home thats a start. Please dont blame yourself though this is just a terrible freak accident. RIP little one.

18. kerrybramble

sorry guys, just wrote one massive response and it gt lost when internet died. long story short. they have been fine apart from roxy being grouchy and more pushy? if thats the word since pixie has been in season. Was definately bramble who cause all the fights before and was the one being aggressive. they have been fine all day and were left alone (with my male dog also) for a few hours in the day and were fine.

i have told them to keep her as a lone dog but mum's fiancée cant see himself ever forgiving her. have convinced him to not make any decisions until the situation has calmed down and everyone is thinking more clearly.

19. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Hoping you can maybe sort something out, after everyones settled a bit more after the initial shock of finding the situation tonight. keep everyone updated with whats happening, if worse comes to the worse, between us we would have contacts for GSD breed rescues, which if it does come to it would be her best bet. Again so sorry to hear of you and your families so sad situation.
    It would be anyones absolute worse nightmare, and to a point I can see why they immediately feel as they do.

20. kerrybramble

thank you, luckily im here to stick up for her, even though i know how awful what she has done is, she doesn't deserve to have nothin more than a life in kennels. she is afraid of strangers too, especially men which also goes against her :( going down there in the morn to see whats goin to happen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice