Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Help! What are these in my shop bought eggs?

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by Lisiloo, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisiloo

Lisiloo PetForums Newbie

51C9D520-9D91-4BD3-8278-ECA12E9115DC.jpeg 4220CF9B-3E08-4896-A0C9-8B7E80B3C6BE.jpeg Hi all,

Would anyone be able to tell me what these are in these 2 duck eggs? My 11 year old son decided to incubate some duck eggs we bought from a farm shop to see if they’d hatch! I agreed to fork out on an incubator for him because I figured it was something nice for him to try, but honestly don’t believe he’ll have any success. However, after 8 days of incubation we’ve candled the eggs and 2 of them have something growing inside. I’ve done a bit of research and there aren’t any veins that I can see, so I’m guessing it’s just bacteria??? However, I don’t want to discard the eggs if it turns out to be embryos! Please help this daft ole mum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice