Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

help!! west London dog trainer needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Robert Brennan, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Robert Brennan

Robert Brennan PetForums Newbie

Hi guys

I have a 2 yo jack Russell male, who has developed death ears during recall!!!! in the garden, and house, his recall is 100% ,, But when off the leash down my local park (with all those distractions), he just goes death and roams far enough to make me feel like I've lost him!!

He is un neutered, so do you think neutering him may stop him wondering sooo far?????

he just completely forgets about me, when he has the freedom of the park, witch has forced me to leash him, but he doesn't get s good run then, and he remains unsatisfied, In turn, he becomes disruptive due to lack of exercise, play etc etc

was hoping someone knows a decent, one on one dog trainer in the west London area, who could meet me at the park, and help me train rex

thanks for viewing

Rex and rob

2. bumbarrel

bumbarrel PetForums Member

3. Jemymah

Jemymah PetForums Member

Hi, no trainer recommendations sorry but just to say we have a terrier cross and we are going through the same thing! Great in the house and training halls but out in the real world one sniff of a bunny and she's off.
    We're starting recall training from scratch again using Total Recall by Pippa Mattinson. It was recommended on here and so far so good.
    We can only let Casey off in enclosed areas at the minute, and there isn't many of those places around. Apart from that it's sniffy walks and plenty of nosework, games and trick training in the house.
    I've found - don't know if your guy might be the same - but a walk with loads of sniffing stops and a few games/training in the house tires Casey out nicely.
    Good luck!

4. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

No, neutering will not solve recall issues. A long line and professional training may help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice