Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help wedding outfit for a "larger lady" for my best mates wedding!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ColliePower, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

Hiya All

My best mates wedding is end of August

Im going to be a witness (sadly not a bridesmaid as her sisters are the bridesmaids) and need a stunning outfit to wear.

But, being a plus size is tricky to find a "wow" outfit!

I dont wear dresses, but want to wear something realy beautiful and girly and not a trouser suit.

So, Im happy to give a dress a go!

However, I need someone like Gok Wan to help me find something really great for my size that doesnt make me look like im wearing a tent!

Please help! I want someone beautiful flattering and shapely!!!!!!

Any advise/ideas needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:confused:

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

go to M&S and get one of their corsets (lingerie dept) you can either wear it alone or under something hidden or on show slighlty. Believe me everyone no matter how big or small looks good in a corset if they make the effort :D

you can get a matching or close to long skirt from monsoon if m&S dont' have something suitable.

I got a lovely one that is cerise in colour for £40 before crimbo, love it, it goes well with dressy trousers, skirts and under dresses. I went a size down cos my size was faaar too big!

If m&s dont have any anymore check online heaps of places do them some are well expensive (all the really really lovely ones obviously lol) but most are reasonable and do curvy sizes :D

3. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

What about something like this over trousers??? Very pretty.........

[​IMG]

From Evans from £65????????

4. Savahl

Savahl Guest

Debenhams personal shopper thingy..My mum and nan (Nan is a large lady and mum is an odd shape) both used the service and looked fantastic!!!! I have also used it before its great fun, take a friend go get a private room and let the lady hunt for you lol they just bring outfit after outfit til you find the one! and the service is free!!!

5. ColliePower

I love that top!!!!!!!!!

Thanks lady!!

Thanks all...im going to have a look in M&S and debenhams!!!!!!!!!

6. BrodiesMummy

BrodiesMummy PetForums Member

How about this? Upto size 32 bargain @ £39 and could be really glammed up with some gold accesories :) They have other dresses at very.co.uk (used to be littlewoods direct) in their so fabulous and teatro range :)

Attached Files:

7. Ladywiccana

your welcome huni :D :D Hope you have a great day, and that all goes well for your friend!
    You know we will want photo's lmao :001_tt2: :smilewinkgrin:

8. ColliePower

(if the bride doesnt mind!) course ill post piccies!!!! seen a few gorgeous tops on the dorothy perkins website too!!!!!

If not a dress i quite fancy a very sparkly pretty top with white (eeek!) trousers, if they dont look a complete disaster on me!!!!!!!

9. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

If the bride is wearing white then I would avoid white as some can see it as bad luck. Plus I never got on with white trousers, I always managed to sit in something that stained.

10. Ladywiccana

lol youll be fine huni, like already said tho, if the bride is in white, best to keep clear, as you dont want to clash, and that being said, white is a very popular colour.
    But like with the purple top i showed you, you can wear some great jewellery and accessories to trim it up!
    But i think less is more these days :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice