Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help - Urgent advice needed on Pets @ Home Foods

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by BeagleOesx, Apr 27, 2011.

1. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

My 2 normally have Skinners Field & Trial Salmon and they thrive on it but unfortunately I ordered my next supply of it online at the end of last week so it was here in plenty of time but as of today still not come. I have chased it up and now been advised it is out of stock and not expected in til next week:cryin:

I will therefore have to dash down to local Pets at Home to get something to tide us over til big sack appears but not sure which to get. Have had quick look at their website and there is a Pro-Plan Salmon complete food or Wainwrights Salmon & Potato.

Does anyone have any idea which will be most similar to the Skinners as I don't want to upset their tummies unnecessarily. It needs to be something I can get from P@H as can't get down there until after 6ish. Thanks

2. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Bell has wainwrights and does really well on it. She hates the salmon and potato one but loves the lamb one?

Never had any probes with this brand. HTH XX

3. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Wainwrights is IMO the best food pets at home stock. Good food in general.

Also, if you ask for a nutritional consultation they'll give you a bag for free. Save you paying for it.

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Wainwrights salmon and potato is good so is their Advance sensitive salmon and potato (it was on offer) and I believe some branches stock Fishmongers which is another good one.
    Hope you find something suitable to tide you over:D

5. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Thanks all for your suggestions. Just waiting for hubby to get home then will bob down, can then mix whatever I get with what's left of their Skinners - don't want the poor dogs starving over the weekend, Harvey would never forgive me;) I can picture it now - Harvey & Willow packing their little suitcases, walking side by side down the road and then sitting on the corner with a little sign begging for food :lol:

6. ridgeback05

ridgeback05 PetForums Senior

i would also go for the wainwrights...now the wee trick here is to get pets at home staff to recommend it to you...so go in and find someone with a managers badge on...just tell them you are thinking about changing the food you feed your dog....and as wainwrights is a pah own brand they will steer you in that direction...just say your not real sure and you can bet they will offer you a bag to try free of charge.

7. henry

henry PetForums VIP

I got a free bag after a "Nutrition Consultation" - definitely worth asking about that. I would go for the WW Salmon to tide you over. Let us know how you get on!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice