Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help Twin Peaks S3 is on soon - how can I watch Sky Atlantic with no subscription?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cleo38, May 17, 2017.

1. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Am desperate .... please can someone give me some suggestions? Is Now TV any good, as looking at that.

There is no way I can afford to or want to sign up for Sky but I have been waiting for this series for 26 years & it starts in days!!!!!

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

I have no experience with now TV but from looking probably the simplest and quickest option would be to watch the program on a laptop, tablet or computer (you can attach them to your TV to see it on the big screen) then you don't need to buy a box. You can get a 14 day pass as a free trial then buy a monthly pass for 6.99.

Cleo38 likes this.
  3. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Sky own Now TV, don't they?

4. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

Now TV is owned by sky and this month's offer is £6.99 for 2 months. You'll be able to watch it on here.

5. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

Kodi

Cleo38 likes this.
  6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I have an HDMI cable so could uite easily do that. Just wanted to check that this was the simplest way as I usually just use my Amaon Firestiock which doesthe job tbh .... but whilst I can be patient for other TV showsto reach Amazon I can't wait any longer for this series ...it was my obsession when it was orginally shown.

7. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Aah, that's the other thing I was trying to remember. Are they easy to use .... am rubbish with setting up new things l that's why I love my Amazon Fiorestock as you literally just out in in the TV USB port & that's it!

8. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

They only appear to show box sets I think. I'm behind on The Leftovers on Now because like @Cleo38 I don't want to buy a Sky sub and I already pay out for Virgin who can't show Atlantic as they're on the naughty step with Sky or something.

Cleo38 likes this.
  9. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

If you've already waited 26 years for it, surely you can wait a few more months and get the DVD box set (probably with a nice wodge off extra content) when it comes out?

Burrowzig and Cleo38 like this.
  10. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Hahahaha, you'd think wouldn't you ........ but no way!!!!!

I have waited sooo long for this & even the next few days will be difficult. Twin Peaks was the best thing ever & I loved every single episode. Will be watching series 1 & 2 in preparation for the weekend

11. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I've signed up for Now TV, they've got some offers on & there's no contract. Looks exactly what I was looking for .....

12. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Me neither, I was addicted the first time. Great that you're all sorted!

Cleo38 likes this.
  13. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Am just gutted that Bob won't be back though (as the actor died in the '90's). He was one of the scariest baddies ever, the scene where he finally emerges was fantastic, really frightening :eek:

MollySmith likes this.
  14. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

I really can't wait either :D I absolutely love it! I hope it's just as weird as the original. I've got a now tv box, when you buy them they usually come with a choice of passes, you could get a 3 month entertainment one so you don't have to subscribe for that period of time. I tend to renew my subscription when game of thrones is on then cancel it again.

Cleo38 likes this.
  15. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Am so excited, am literally counting the days now. I was at college when it was first shown & we used to have an unofficial Twin Peaks club where we discuss the previous nights episode ..... not at all as pretentious as it sounds though ;)

Matrod likes this.
  16. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Haha dh got into this a while back and was obsessed with watching as many episodes as he could a night. I on the other hand couldn't make head nor tail of it lol.
    We have Now TV and watch GoT, TWD etc easily. It took our expensive sky package away and we get the movies anyway on there. I think we pay £6.99 pcm. Plus I pay £7.49? For Netflix and between the two in forever finding things to watch. Great when stuck indoors etc .

Cleo38 likes this.
  17. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Thats the thing, Sky is so expensive & there are so many things that I can watch for free so would only want to pay for the odd programme/series. And now the nicer weather is coming (although it has p*ssed down non-stop today) I will be outside alot more so won't be watching much TV anyway.

18. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising PetForums VIP

I was thinking of cancelling Sky but keeping the dish for the freeview satellite box but alot of programs I like are on channels I can't find with anyone else. I don't know if its cos Sky won't share them knowing people stay with them just because of certain favourite channels, so are keeping certain channels exclusive to them?

19. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

The NOW TV option suits me for this occasion, anything else & I wait until they come out on Amazon Instant Video as I'm never desperate to see them so can wait .... but not this time. 26 years is long enough & I can't wait months longer!! :D

Matrod likes this.
  20. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you watched it yet @Cleo38? I've just caught up the first episode.

Cleo38 and bearcub like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice