Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HELP!!! trouble with a chicken (cooked)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by frags, Aug 18, 2009.

1. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i bought a chicken from tesco and cooked it tonight, when i put a fork in to lift it from the cooking pan i noticed that the fork had green fluid on it :eek: me being such a d1ck put my finger on it and put it on my tounge :eek:ut: well it taste like a really strong chemical!!!
    i cut the chicken in half and found something inside that looked like it hadnt been gutted properly and in this piece the green fluid was coming from!!

my tounge tingled from whatever it was i stupidly tasted lol!!

i took the cooked chicken straight back to tesco and demanded to see the manager who was funnily too busy so i see a dept manager who looked at it and then took it off to show the manager, she came back and said it needs to be sent of to be analised.

my taste buds are still up and my tounge still feels strange.

anyone know what this could have been?

all i bloody got was 2 cooked chickens to go with the dinner id already cooked and was sitting indoors getting cold and a refund! im not happy, i want at least a weeks worth of shopping PMSL ok ok maybe not but 2 chickens and a refund for them selling me god knows what!!!

2. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

That dosnt sound good :( daft you trying it lol

i dont know what it can be, only chickens in my house are running round garden lol (well at this time they will be tucked up in bed.)

Id write a strong firm letter to the manager while your waiting for the tests, you may get more response and better compensation that way, also say your having to go to the doctors and may go to the paper lol

3. frags

frags PetForums VIP

ewwwwwwww i just googled and it came up with this....

the gall bladder, which is a tiny sack filled with green fluid, called bile. If this sack breaks, anything that its contents touches will become very bitter and therefore unfit to eat. The gall bag should be cut out of the liver above the place where it is attached, so as to be certain that it does not break nor lose any of the bile.

4. frags

frags PetForums VIP

5. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Ewww :eek:hmy: Poor you, that's gross. They had better give you some proper compensation. A week's shopping should be sufficient!

I once had a wasp squished into a cucumber from Asda. I got a free cucumber and £3 on a card :rolleyes:

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

well i will be writing a letter of complaint about it myself to god knows who but i want some sort of compensation for there error and for messing up my dinner!! thing is if i hadnt noticed it i would have served it up to my 4 children, i dont know if its poisonous or not?

7. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Eugh. Before I came vegetarian I always ate chicken out of Tesco. We never bought a whole chicken unless it was already cooked. Maybe you could phone NHS Direct and see if there's anything you could do to help your tounge?

8. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Not sure if it is poisonous, I sure hope not!
    Writing a letter should definately get you some sort of compensation, I hope you get something decent. It is just not on to sell meat like that. Good luck with it.

9. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Perhaps you should print off any evidence you can find if its not a one off, it might make them more willing to do something.

No wonder you had sucha horrible tastem stomach acid is the vilest thing on the planet.... i tasted mine last week lol

10. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Hope you are ok.
    That was really horrid and bet it puts you off chickens for awhile.
    Please complain and really milk it.

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

They probably left the giblets inside. If not taken out when cooked it all goes green and gunky. Trust me, I saw this happen a lot when I worked on a hot food counter.

Always ask them to check. If in doubt ask them to cut the chicken in half and put the two halves in the same bag. A whole chicken but you see what you're getting.

Take it to the highest level this is simple health and safety, one of the first things I was taught. you have to check every chicken especially if it does not go down on the spike on the first go! (spike = thing you cook it on)

OOF why are people so bloody lazy!! This negligence could kill someone!

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Eww that's horrible!
    Yeah print some stuff off and tell them you know it's not the first time it's happened and you will go to the newspapers!

A few years ago when my friend was living with me, we loved tescos cheese and onion sausage rolls. Until one day my friend bit into one and there was a metal bolt in there!! Luckily it did not break her tooth or anything. But she got a £10 voucher for tescos!

And once my dad found flies in his chicken!!! Also was the time my gran found a mouse in her bread and from then on she bought a bread maker and only makes her own! Lol!

You really have to wonder about super markets sometimes, don't you?!

x

#12 PoisonGirl, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I could tell you some stories.

Like the time I found a wolf spider in the bakery :001_tt2:

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Animals/Spiders/Wolf_Spider_8_eyes_PB032198.JPG

14. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

AAARghhhh! I KNEW that was going to be a nasty pic of a spider but I STILL looked at it!!
    YukYukYuk!!!! Lol!

x

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Haha x)

I only linked it because I knew some people would be terrified - I was!!!!

Then there was the time the counters manager (haha I wrote c*nt first off - you can see how much I liked her) cut the mould off some cheese and put it back on display. The mould she put in the wrapper and put in the bin. 10 minutes later an auditor walked in...guess where they head first :rolleyes:

Then there was the time one the glass panels on Deli smashed destroying hundreds of pounds worth of cheese/meat/pastry :rolleyes:

And then one of the deputy managers collapsed a shelf of wine. Good wine it was too.

16. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Lol sounds like a fun place to work!

My friend worked in a supermarket, and told me once, that some people were buying a big multi pack of tinned dog food.
    When they got to the checkout next to hers, there was a really bad smell, and then the packet broke and hundreds and hundreds of maggots fell all over the place! Then she had to get gloves and scoop them all up because no one else would!!

x

17. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

OMG!!! If you didn't live in Wales then I would have thought you worked with me!! My old supervisor used to just cut the mould off. I refused to do it and nearly got sacked until I threatened legal action.

18. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Hope you are okay, I don't really think you should have tasted it :p
    I agree with you writing in a letter of complaint, that's horrible!

19. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Hope you are ok, i would write a letter of complaint as well thats disgusting, dont think i will be buying chicken from Tesco for a bit xxx

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

:scared: Our store isn't quite that bad :laugh:

Another one? Jeez :eek:ut:
    The counters manager almost got sacked over it but she started crying so they didn't :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice