Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help to train to jump in car

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by doggrey, Jan 3, 2012.

1. doggrey

doggrey PetForums Newbie

Hello...I need some help to train my Greyhound exracer to get up into my car...my car is a pick up ranger and has the "half door" that opens behind the seats so there is just enough space for him ( if I help him up he gets there...so is just he looks like is afraid to jump in there by himself...I try using a treat and he doesn't want to either..is there a way to do it?...is a large dog and I know can easily jump there if he wants to...thanks in advance for your help...or if you can direct me to a trainer that knows Greyhounds around San diego/ Chula Vista , Ca. I will appreciate it :)

2. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I'd get a ramp for him and teach him to walk up a ramp instead, it may be less daunting and easier for him that way :)

HTH

3. Manoy Moneelil

Manoy Moneelil PetForums VIP

Is the car too hot or does it smell "funny", either can be reasons that a dog does not want to get into such a space.

How is the dog during transit and does getting in the car mean that you are going to fun places (The Dog Park?) or bad places?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice