Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help to rehome dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mickyb, Jul 10, 2009.

1. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

I was speaking to a young couple last night, and they won't to rehome their dog, because it doesn't get on with their cats, they have had it for 7 months, and already the poor thing has had 3 homes, I said I would try to help them, but don't know were to start, they don't won't money, but were do I go to get this dog a good home, they don't want to put it in kennels? they live in Nottingahm

2. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

I don't mean to sound awful, but I really think that the best thing for this dog might be to actually go to somewhere like the Dogs Trust before it is passed onto yet another family who cannot cope with it.

The Dogs Trust will be able to properly assess it's needs, and match it to those of it's final forever home much better than your friend can.

It has already had too many homes for it to go to a potential "short term stay" again.

Is it a particular breed, or a Heinz 57? Most breeds have dedicated breed rescues that you can contact if the Dogs Trust feels too much like "giving up" for your friend.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I agree with classixuk. The dog has already had 3 homes so obviously the people who have been doing the rehoming have been rubbish at finding the dog a good home.
    The dog deserves to be found a good home, and a rescue who will do home checks would be best. Tell your friends that if they really want to be certain the dog finds a new home, then contact dogs trust or the breed rescue so that they can find the dog a forever home, as if she passes it onto someone for free, they may just do the same a few months down the line.

x

4. reddyrufus

reddyrufus PetForums Member

I agree that it may be better at a rescue. Second chance animal rescue is close by in Chellaston, depending on which part of Nottingham you are? They may take the dog on.
    On the other hand I do have a friend that is looking for a rescue dog, they lost their dog of 11 years a month or so back and now feel ready for another one, we are in Nottingham. Could you send me a few more details?:)

5. Boston

Boston PetForums Member

what breed of dog do they have?
    i know Babworth rescue kennels just outside retford are really good only a small kennel so they get lots of attention and treats.

6. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

Hi reddyrufus, thank you, if the people come back to me as they said they would with the details of the dog I will pass it onto you, I don't know them, I met them while iI was outside gardening, and I have posters up for dogs that are lost, and we got talking, they are so young 17 & 18 year olds, so really they can't seem to manage, and to me someone who can just get rid of a dog after 7 months in their home, makes me very sad, but I do hope they will get back to me, as I told them I would try to help them. :(

7. reddyrufus

No Problem Mickyb :)

8. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

Hi Reddyrufus I have not heard from these people again, I went into the shop she told me she worked and they didn't know of her, makes you wonder ? sicko's or what

9. i totally agree

10. reddyrufus

Fingers crossed the dog's ok, it does make you wonder..:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice