Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Help to identify the species of my stick insect

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by Aidy, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Aidy

Aidy PetForums Newbie

Hi could someone please help me to identify what species of stick insect i have. It was in a pet shop on its own i felt sorry for the poor thing so i asked the shop owner what species it was to which he replied "i havn't got a clue" i woud be greatful if someone could help me. Many thanks in advance 20180111_202639.jpg 20180111_203323.jpg 20180111_202843.jpg

2. Isotonic

Isotonic PetForums Junior

Could you try and get it in natural lighting and/or describe the body, is it prickly in any way?
    Sorry for late response..

3. Acrophylla

Acrophylla PetForums Member

It is an immature (so not fully grown yet) stick insect, the species is Achrioptera fallax. The photos you usually see of this species show the fancy blue adult male. But the immature stick insects are brown and have the characteristic short front legs. You'll need a large airy cage because they grow big! They eat bramble leaves.

#3 Acrophylla, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Isotonic likes this.
  4. MrJsk

MrJsk PetForums Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice