Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help the runs ( i thinks it might be worms )

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by eieio, Mar 31, 2008.

1. eieio

eieio PetForums Member

help please as you will see from other posts Ronnie has the runs , i thought it might be the raw diet that i started her on . BUT she has just had a runny poo again and as i was cleaning it up i noticed 2 very long say 5" what looked liked worms but they were like see through and flat as if they were empty ( not nice subject sorry ) but had to closely look :eek: as the one thing her breeder seamed overly proud of was the fact that none of her litter had worms ????:confused:( hence the close inspection) what is this ( could it be from the skin of the chicken drum sticks she had saturday ?. breeder seamed more than convining they had no worms . could she have caught this from the raw meat . please i do hope someone comes along soon to advise me . i have some wrming tablets breeder gave me to (can i give her these while she has runs ? also breeder wormed her once a month ? :rolleyes: should it have been every 2 weeks ?.

2. eieio

eieio PetForums Member

MILBEMAX every month she has given me tabs to give 1st april :rolleyes:

3. Jo P

Jo P PetForums VIP

Have you had her to the vets for her injections yet????? Maybe the best thing for you to do is make an appointment at the vets and let them look at her. She should have been wormed more frequently than she has been so let the vet decide what to do. Personally I'd ask for Drontal.:)

4. eieio

eieio PetForums Member

Hi yes she had her first lot of vacines last thursday , must admit the vet said the same about being wormed more regular . have just spoke to vet and was told to give her the tabs i have and that they should clear her for a month ( which i have just done so ) . fingers crossed now . she is back at vets in 2 weeks so shall have a word about future worming .

5. JA12

JA12 PetForums Newbie

If you are seeing long stringy/flat worms in her poop, then the pills are working, these are the dead worms being ejected from her gut.

The "runs" are more likely be related to her diet. Talk to your vet, but I'd suggest switching to boiled chicken and boiled rice until her guts settle down and then gradually re-introduce the food you want to feed her on.

6. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I wormed one of my last remaining pups on milbemax and it had the same effect..gave her the s**ts.
    maybe what you found are worms and the milbemax is clearing them out of her????

7. eieio

eieio PetForums Member

ronnie ,charlie, ted 013.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice