Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help: Temporary home for my cat (UK)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Ivyyx, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Ivyyx

Ivyyx PetForums Newbie

My situation is this.

Im a Kuwaiti student in the UK, Liverpool. Due to this pandemic happening, my government is trying to evacuate all citizens back home, not sure when but probably within a week or two. I've got a cat and usually leave him with friends or a cattery when i go on holidays, but in this circumstance Im not sure exactly when will I return and catteries are quite costly especially as I dont know how long I'll be over for. I really dont want to re-home him just desperately looking for anyone who can take care of him while Im away, he's vaccinated neutered and microchipped. Of course I will cover the necessary essentials like food and anything needed. If anyone can help or knows of anyone who could be of assistance in the liverpool area i would be most appreciative, Message or reply for more details

Attached Files:

moomoowawa and KoolK like this.
  2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Ivyyx - do you need to go back home at present? If not you may be better staying put in the UK and social distancing or self isolating. All colleges and Unis are shut for the moment anyway so there is no need to mingle with groups of people. It is not as though Kuwait has no cases of the virus.

I think it may be quite hard to find someone to foster your cat long term, for an unknown period, possibly months or more. Many foster carers are concerned right now about getting enough food to feed their own cats, and may be reluctant to take on the responsibility of another cat.

A number of Rescues have currently closed their doors for several months, so as to protect their staff and volunteers. [Volunteers in Rescues are often retired people who may have underlying health conditions]. The Rescue where I volunteer is not taking in any more cats for the next few months.

I hope you can manage to find somewhere for your lovely cat, if you do decide to return to Kuwait. :)

moomoowawa and KoolK like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice