Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! Shall I get the dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by XbecksX, Jun 24, 2009.

1. XbecksX

XbecksX PetForums Member

So at the end of May, my baby, Bear died. You might have read my threads. It was a traggic accident and she was only one year old. A week later we couldnt take it anymore and we welcomed Josie into our home. Josie is now 13 weeks old and doing really well.

I have now got the chance to take in a little female Chihuahua, 8 years old. Great with other dogs and in good health. I have always wanted to rescue but it is very differcult to find little dogs and this is the closest thing to rescuing.

Now, we have the chance to go and see her tomorrow, but before I go, I need to know whether this is a good idea. Too soon? I mean she is 8 and wouldnt need to be house trained. Josie comes from a house with loads of dogs and would benifit from another dog i think. Chihuahuas live for about 18 years, so she is about middle aged, not too old that she wouldnt like josie.

HELP!!
    O/H isnt sure and mother in law is definately not sure, but not against it completely.

2. jilly40

jilly40 PetForums VIP

she sounds lovely :) deffo :D x

3. Poppy09

Poppy09 PetForums Senior

I would go to see her and can she meet Josie? I dont see why it wouldnt work?

4. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

defffo worth a try xx

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

yep defo worth a try.x

6. rona

rona Guest

I think all you have to worry about is if she gets on with Josie, go and see :D

7. foxy roxy

foxy roxy PetForums Member

can you take josie with you so you can see how they get on.

8. Insane

Insane PetForums Senior

Is she coming from a rescue centre or just someone with lots of dogs? If it is the latter I would just check why they are rehoming her. Maybe take her to the vets first and get her checked over.

9. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

yes give it a try, :) hope the meeting goes well.

10. XbecksX

XbecksX PetForums Member

Thanks guys for all the advice. Going to see her today :S I will let you know how it goes. :)

xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice