Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! Put flea collar on a kitten too young.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by AF99, Jul 8, 2018.

1. AF99

AF99 PetForums Newbie

Hi
    I've recently got a kitten (8 weeks old) for the first time and unknowingly put a flea collar on him. Since the packaging that came with the collar didn't state an age I thought it would be ok. A recent google search says the chemicals can be really dangerous and I panicked, gave him a bath with washing up liquid to remove the chemicals but I worry that its not enough and that he may have ingested it when grooming. I am unsure of what else to do and I am really worried. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Now you have taken it off I'm sure he will be fine.
    Does he actually have fleas? If so, I recommend taking him to the vet to be properly treated. You may also need something for the house too.

Torin., chillminx and buffie like this.
  3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Agree with @moggie14 but would add don't bother putting it back on,the only safe place for a flea collar is in your vacuum cleaner or the bin.

4. AF99

AF99 PetForums Newbie

Thanks guys, he doesn't have fleas thankfully so no need to be treated as of the minute. I have also thrown away the collar :) Thanks again

moggie14 and buffie like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice