Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help pls am doing it wrong foa dogs mother or neza

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by mousemighty, Jul 23, 2009.

1. mousemighty

mousemighty PetForums Member

hi i treid to put 2 males togher all hell ripped loose so i seperated straight away? ive took males to petshop before and the males just mixed no problems . ive 3 babys in a tank can i try and put them with another male or shuold i keep them apart like now one on its own an 3 brothers togher, girls are easy to mix but im was shocked an horried to see a mouse do that infact its stressed me never mind no serious wound s so sorry 1st post was in wrong section

2. mousemighty

if i knew they would put my post here as i did it in rong section they have moved it or am i going mad an done 3

3. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

I'm pretty6 sure male mice don't go together? Correct me if I'm wrong but when I was researching the,m everywhere i went said 'Fmeale mice, fine. Male mice once they;ve reached maturity. No-no.'

Peace
    Akai-Chan

4. mousemighty

cheers thank you ive learnt a lesson there seprated now and every one is happpy i was just seeeing if he wanted company, as i mix my female mice , well as i said no harm done

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

When males reach maturity they almost always fight other males, they don't seek the company of other males and as long as they have plenty of time with you and lots to play with they won't be bored.

6. mousemighty

cheers dogs mother

7. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I'm glad there wasn't any serious wounding. You supervised carefully and reacted fast, good for you. If you didn't know you couldn't put males together then it's not your fault, live and learn and none of them was badly hurt, thank goodness.

Yes, they sometimes in the stores they house male mice together, but as others indicated those are young mice and they will almost inevitably start fighting once they are old enough.

8. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Male mice will sometimes fight to the death. You did the right thing separating them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice