Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sign Up

Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 8, 2009.


  1. PoisonGirl

    PoisonGirl Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    19,821
    Likes Received:
    388
    Dave has eaten something blue!
    I was on the phone to my dads gf and my son was playing with the dogs and now Dave has a blue tongue but there is nothing blue lying around! There is a blue pen in my son's pencil case but it's not even chewed!

    I don't have transport will he need to see the vet??
     
  2. sequeena

    sequeena PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2009
    Messages:
    21,583
    Likes Received:
    578
  3. Badger's Mum

    Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2009
    Messages:
    10,957
    Likes Received:
    325
    Do you have slug pellet's anywhere?
     
  4. PoisonGirl

    PoisonGirl Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    19,821
    Likes Received:
    388
    Nope, it was inside. It definately looks like ink. There are circles, like you would get if you took the bit out the inside of a colouring pen, and streaks of blue down the middle of his tongue.
    His back teeth are blue, the roof of his mouth and half of his tongue.

    Going to have another look about

    x
     
  5. PoisonGirl

    PoisonGirl Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    19,821
    Likes Received:
    388
    Blue string. I found a tiny bit of it on the floor, I had cut the ends off a washing line when I was attaching a clip to one end, and left it on the 'shelf' by the back door and there was definitely more before than there is now.
    Will it harm him?

    x
     
  6. sequeena

    sequeena PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2009
    Messages:
    21,583
    Likes Received:
    578
    It might pass through naturally but it could wrap itself round something too (if it was a long piece).

    I would phone your vet (I don't know if they're still open...) and have a chat
     
  7. PoisonGirl

    PoisonGirl Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    19,821
    Likes Received:
    388
    Vet says he will be fine... The piece of string was no longer than 2" and if Dave was chewing and playing with it that's how the dye came out of it.
    It was a bit I had melted the end of... Was trying to melt the bit I had tied round the clip and melted it too much! Lol. So had to cut a bit off.

    Anyway, I've to just keep an eye on him, if he stops eating or pooping then to take him in. He ate all his dinner and has been to the loo.

    From now on I will be making sure if I am having a long phone conversation I will put them in bed!

    x
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice