UK Pet Forums Forum banner

help please

2K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Cavalierlover123 
#1 ·
My cat is pregnant..not sure when due.

She just went mental meowing and hissing, attacking herself then curled into a ball and started shivering.

IS THIS NORMAL?

#6 ·
#8 ·
Oh the poor baby :( :(

It is her first litter? She may not know what is going on :(

I feel so bad for her! I guess all you can do is re-assure her and keep a eye on her, get a birthing kit ready & also buy in some cimi-cat milk & bottles
Hyperdrug - Hyperdrug, Home of the Equine Pharmacy, Canine Chemists and Pigeon Pharmacy, pet medicines, wormers, and flea treatments is good for this incase she doesnt like the kits or needs help, always good to have some on hand

good luck!
Thank you so much on your advice, much appreciated. This is her first litter, she is only 15/16 months old her self. Have taken all onboard.

#10 ·
Thank you so much on your advice, much appreciated. This is her first litter, she is only 15/16 months old her self. Have taken all onboard.
No problem, what breed is she? only one thing we deman on here and thats pic pleasE! :p

#11 ·
#14 ·
Well she laid next to me all night asleep. Nothing as yet, and this morning she seems fine and has eaten and drunk loads!!! You can really see her spine sticking out now where her belly hanging so low.

The Vet believes the kittens were getting into position and it may have felt strange for her, maybe even a little bit painful. Suppose since she is new to this then she isn't going to understand whats going on. Bless her.x

#16 ·
She is a Moggy, this was totaly unplanned, I got a "neutered" male, but he had only been done for 3 weeks :rolleyes:

I only have this link to her, its an old one but i cant upload new ones because the laptop is new and doesnt support my phone yet :(
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v318/241/90/725471227/n725471227_1363284_1634.jpg

That pic is a year old, she is slightly bigger now lol

hope that works
Aw bless she is really cute! What does daddy look like?
At least you were trying to do the right thing by having him neutered!!

Well she laid next to me all night asleep. Nothing as yet, and this morning she seems fine and has eaten and drunk loads!!! You can really see her spine sticking out now where her belly hanging so low.

The Vet believes the kittens were getting into position and it may have felt strange for her, maybe even a little bit painful. Suppose since she is new to this then she isn't going to understand whats going on. Bless her.x
I guess that all new mums act differently, poor girl :(

At least she seems brighter today! Do you have a idea date of when they are due? :)

#17 · (Edited)
I have no idea, must be soon. I noticed her nipples getting pinker and bigger in the middle of May. She has her milk in and low in her belly, but no other signs.. I don't want to take her temp because I have never done it before so don't want to hurt her.

A pic I just took with the web cam, he not that much of a poser lol, will try and get a better one of him

Attachments

#18 ·
I have no idea, must be soon. I noticed her nipples getting pinker and bigger in the middle of May. She has her milk in and low in her belly, but no other signs.. I don't want to take her temp because I have never done it before so don't want to hurt her.

A pic I just took with the web cam, he not that much of a poser lol, will try and get a better one of him
aww she looks lovely...well selecta does seem calm at the moment, but shes quite vocal during the night and today...seems very restless..she has been snooping around in my bedroom and scratching at the carpet!!...

#23 ·
If she has had that reaction to pain before they are born, I would watch her when she is in labour, I have heard of cats attacking their kittens when they come out, as they just see them as a source of pain. Homeopathic remedy Chamomila is good for easing pain, but anything you order online probably is not going to arrive in time.

#24 ·
OMG!! please ignore that one of my neighbours forehead :eek: :eek: :eek:
Not sure how that got on there,but i cant take it off pmsl!!

She'll go mental if she finds out:eek:

But anyway, the tabby is Nala the expectant mother. The black and white is Thomas o'Mally, dad to be!!

(cant beliieve about that pic) :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

#25 ·
If she has had that reaction to pain before they are born, I would watch her when she is in labour, I have heard of cats attacking their kittens when they come out, as they just see them as a source of pain. Homeopathic remedy Chamomila is good for easing pain, but anything you order online probably is not going to arrive in time.
She has really settled today, I think she is quite relaxed. I will be with her (not leaving her side!!) when it happens to reassure her, and if it comes to that then deal with it (fingers crossed it doesnt) I have a friend that is bringing round some milk etc (stuff from the vets, ermm cini...I cant think of the name grrrr) that she had when her cat was pregnant.

Touch wood though it doesnt and she will be a really good mummy!!

She is laying on my feet right now and her fur keeps "shuddering" I suppose you could say. But she is fast asleep:D

#26 ·
She has really settled today, I think she is quite relaxed. I will be with her (not leaving her side!!) when it happens to reassure her, and if it comes to that then deal with it (fingers crossed it doesnt) I have a friend that is bringing round some milk etc (stuff from the vets, ermm cini...I cant think of the name grrrr) that she had when her cat was pregnant.

Touch wood though it doesnt and she will be a really good mummy!!

She is laying on my feet right now and her fur keeps "shuddering" I suppose you could say. But she is fast asleep:D
yeh selecta is just sat there, not doing nothing, pain in the bum...wish one of them would do something..:eek:hmy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.