Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help please

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harley bear, Apr 8, 2011.

1. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Im looking for a dining table and chairs, were on a tight budget as were about to start redecorating the whole house. I have looked on gumtree and used dudley and wolverhampton, argos etc is there any other sight i could have a look at? Ive gone blank:eek:

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

try freecycle i got a great farmhouse pine one off there

3. harley bear

I would but last time i was registered there i had a million emails every day lol i had to get oh to unregister me

4. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

exactly what i was about to say! also look at car boot sales, some great bargains there- i sold a shed load of stuff for our charity & they walekd away withstuff for next to nowt (brandnew coat for 50p) good luck!

5. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Hi Harley,

2 questions - what exactly are you looking for and where are you located (roughly, don't need to give exact details). :)

6. harley bear

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Ignore question 2. I've just learnt to read and missed the Dudley / Wolverhampton bit.... :mad:

Sorry. :D

8. harley bear

Hiya

Im looking for a wooden table with 4-6 chairs, im not too bothered if its modern or not because its only a table lol but oh would like a modern one. Im quite near dudley. Oh and it has to disassemble to fit in a picasso :eek:

9. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

go to setting and click daily digest that way you only get 1 or 2 emails a day listing everything thats on offer

11. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Very nice!!! :thumbup:

The problem is that chairs are always the more expensive part....

If you are on a budget, would you consider a temporary measure such as covers until you have more cash to splash on exactly what you want.

This sort of thing for example (although maybe not this posh as I think these are 'spensive ones)

[​IMG]

I know that Ikea, Tescos, Argos etc all offer this sort of thing and you can personalise them with some fabric yourself to match your decor....

:)

12. harley bear

There isnt a phone number so i have emailed him i dont think they will deliver :(
    But it will look lovely in my kitchen:D

13. harley bear

I aint bothered about the chairs its oh thats fussy :rolleyes: I really want that table now.

14. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Not sure what your budget is but Tesco don't do half bad ones and I think you get extra points etc.

Gumtree/freegle are all I can think of, could try a wanted in the local paper etc?

15. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

best of luck!! its so lovely id like sumamt like that but at the mo my table has 3 hamster cages on!!

16. harley bear

I have had a quick look they are lovely but too expensive atm.

Our dining table is all rusty with a massive pile of washing on it :D

17. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I currently have a white drop leaf table and four chairs that I am (reluctantly) waiting for OH to take to the YMCA shop in town as I have got no space for them.

They were from Ikea but are reasonably sturdy & have not been used for many years due to lack of space & I can't get the table through the loft fitting to keep it up there.

The legs come off the table but the chairs are all assembled. Could probably come apart but I don't know if I would recomend it.

Due to their age, and having moved house 3 times, the chairs are a wee bit scuffed but a quick spot of touch up paint would put them right. The table is in good shape although perhaps a bit of touch-up needed on the bottom of the legs where the chairs have scrapped against them.

It seats four not too uncomfortably and I did once manage 5 around out. (Still trying to remember how???) It would look ok with the leafs up & a table cloth on it. I did this until I could afford my current table & chairs.

If you REALLY need a table & chairs, and aren't TOOOO fussed, then it is yours for free. We live in Burton on Trent but OH's mum is in Bloxwich so I'm sure we could work sumfink out.

DO NOT be afraid to say no. I PROMISE not to take offense. I just wanted to make the offer. :)

I'm afraid I can't find any pics of it - sorry.

18. harley bear

Thank you soo much for your offer, i dont want to turn you down yet but i have just got a reply message from someone who i mailed this morning they are only in cov so im hoping he will consider delivering.
    Thanks again for the offer ill let you know as soon as :)

19. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Absolutely no rush chuck, and absolutely no problem at all. :D

It has been sitting in the spare room now for about 6 months and will be there for a few weeks more. I'll definitely be taking it to the YMCA tho' the week between Easter & the Wedding so you have until then to let me know. :D

20. harley bear

I was gonna let you know by the end of the day latest tomorrow lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice