Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HELP please

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Dally Banjo, May 25, 2010.

1. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Is there anything we can put on Hollys ear where she has been bitten by another dog to stop it bleeding???

It is just a 1cm nick right on the edge so would'nt think it needs stitches but cant stop it bleeding or just go to vet :(

2. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Don't know the name but there is a special yellow powder that helps blood clotting - it's hemostatic so stops bleeding. I think that would do the job.

3. rona

rona Guest

Ears always bleed a lot, don't panic. Try a cold pack, it might slow it a bit

4. Dally Banjo

Thanks guys. just mild panic now :eek: cleaned it up with warm salty water & its only a nick vet said to leave her for a couple of hours then put some savlon or flour on it & hopefully it will stop & wont have to repaint the rest of the house :rolleyes:

All over some blinking crap someone left at the beach they quick enough to complain about dog mess but its fine to leave bbq's food packageing & dirty nappys :mad: it looks more like a landfill site than a beach & the dogs just thought party time :rolleyes:

5. tiddlypup

tiddlypup PetForums VIP

everyday flour or cornflour does the trick

6. Dally Banjo

Thanks everyone OH has finished playing vet nurse with the plain flour was'nt sure about self raising ;) & the only thing wrong with her now is dented pride :rolleyes: but if she will argue with her friends over rubbish :eek:

7. silly gilly

silly gilly PetForums Member

a dab of good old vaseline does the trick:)

8. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

Hmmm does this mean dals DONT grow out of trying to eat EVERYTHING!! Glad she is ok and just feeling a bit sorry for herself :)

9. Dally Banjo

She is fine in the house, she used to be a slipper bandit when we got her at 8 months :rolleyes: she's 2ish now & ok but I was with a friend who also has 2 spots & Holly kicked off with Summer big time over some YAK some nice person had left :mad: & they are usually ok together I think it was just a girl thing :rolleyes: Holly likes to be boss but Summer has just turned 2 & I think she wants to be boss aswell so will just have to keep an eye on them, atleast I did'nt have Banjo with me or there would have been 4 blood splaterd dogs as well as two red faced fumeing owners :rolleyes: :D

Have you got a bandit to? :lol:

10. hairydog

hairydog PetForums Member

Talcum powder is also good for stopping the blood. !!

11. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

Well if bandit eats (or attempts to) everything REGARDLESS of if its moving or not then yes ;) I am hoping its a puppy thing and that he will grow out of it because this boy is a bucket on legs, and no prefs either he would try anything if we didnt take it out his mouth, totally disgusting :rolleyes: he is a stone chewer too but I hope again that this will stop when his big boy teeth come in or he will end up a gummy dog :eek:

12. Dally Banjo

What do you feed him? Banjo always seemed to sleep alot when a little puppy he used to have goats milk & rice pudding on top of his puppy food maybe he was to full to eat anything else let alone have puppys with a cushon or cat :eek: :lol:

13. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

he is getting skinners, I may try upping the amount he gets or try what you did to see if it helps because its just nuts he is teething, I dont know if that would make him desperate to chew/eat everything in sight :rolleyes: as for the humping, I think thats just him.....he also likes to push his bed around by stuffing his head under it and walking around :lol: like I say....nutcase haha!!! He does sleep but is sleeping less than he was obviously and makes the most of his awake time :lol:

14. Dally Banjo

How old is he?

Banjo had a bean bag bed when he was a puppy but our old tom cat used to sleep on it so that would be draged round the living room bump down the kitchen step & half through the dog flap all with Domino surfing on the top of it :lol: He did like a chew session when teething we got a large teething bone from wilkinsons & he still has it :thumbup:

15. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

only just saw this, poor Hollys!!! Hope she gets her pride back!
    x

16. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

he is four months so just a baby really :D

haha! poor cat must have wondered what was going on!

17. Dally Banjo

Oh you know been trying to point out a huge gash on her leg to :rolleyes: a tiny scratch she is such a drama queen just glad the bleeding has stoped & OH was at home to help as she was very wound up about it which ment even more blood splaterd everywhere :( at least we have to decorate now instead of talking about it :lol:

18. Dally Banjo

Awwwwwwwwwwww he's just a baby :001_wub::001_wub: this was the feeding guide we got off Banjo's breeder you may need to feed Buster a bit more & that may help the stone fasination :) failing that keep up the insurance payments for possible dental work ;)

Oh & here's Banjo on his 1st walk, well more carrying him from what I mem :D I found it the other day & Awwwwwwww they grow so quick make the most of every min :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

aww thank you for that, it will be a great help! The only thing I have is a weight chart from vet for expected weight for age and I am not convinced by it to be honest, Buster is over the max weight going by it and he is anything but porky, it just doesnt seem right, will look it out in the morning.

Thats one cute picture, he has dark ears just like Buster!

20. Dally Banjo

As long as he is putting on weight & healthy I would'nt pay to much attention to weight charts all dogs are differnt, we did'nt keep a record of his weight so cant help but before his weight watcher diet at 4yrs old he was just under 40kg :eek: he did'nt look over weight & still had a waist, when he had the snip at 3.5yrs he was 36.5kg & up untill recently has been hovering at 35 but last week he was 34 nearly 5yrs now & to me looks a bit erm not right & other people have comented that he is a size zero :( but it could be muscle wasteage as not been to good for a couple of weeks.

Anyway sorry Im drifting as long as Buster is getting a good diet of everything he needs calcium etc which Im sure he is, he will be fine just be careful with bouncing & jumping as spots love to do that :rolleyes: Have you taught him "Off" yet that will work with his stone collecting & his other :eek: habbit :D All we did was put a plate on the floor with a butty on & when he went near it shouted as loud as poss OFF! it scared the sopts off him but learnt straight away :thumbup: just wish Holly was as co-operative :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice