Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Help please, quick easy trick for a giant pup.

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks and Games' started by Bigdogswinmyheart, Dec 19, 2016.

1. mrs phas

mrs phas my home, my sofa, my rules

how about working on her distance recall, on a longline so she cant just up and wander off,
    Basically you just have to make yourself the most important thing in her life and use as many treats as possible
    so she knows that every time she does recall, even with distractions, its a disney day

Bigdogswinmyheart likes this.
  2. Bigdogswinmyheart

Bigdogswinmyheart PetForums Member

Believe me we are trying.. We spend at least an hour a day trying, I don't know her past, but when she gets out it's as if she's never been out and never met anyone or anything ever (this can't be true because if she meets a smaller dog than her (so far every dog except mastiffs), she lies down so she doesn't scare them, and she had even got a cat friend she is really gentle with (even though she almost drowns the poor thing with slobber!).. that cat runs to her almost every night for a hug and a wash >.<

Shammer likes this.
  3. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Just keep on with the training, playing and generally interacting with her and it will improve. The more she get into you the better is will become. She isn't much more than a puppy and five months isn't long at all.

4. Oddball82

Oddball82 PetForums Newbie

Tricks I can think of off the top of my head are: lifting a back foot, limp, cross paws, circling an object I.e front feet on the object and back feet moving round- very challenging for a big dog but can be done ;), tidy up. Good luck with your training and merry xmas :)

5. Bigdogswinmyheart

Bigdogswinmyheart PetForums Member

Update.. Matilda now waves! And with the help of a small "rattle" box full of treats, she recalls! (Although we are still working on it). Pic for cuteness! received_1858566654388951.jpeg

Shammer, Twiggy and Animallover26 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice