Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help please,Ebay,Coventry

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by thedogsmother, Aug 8, 2009.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Someone is once again trying to sell a hamster on Ebay, although I do want to report them to Ebay I am worried that the poor little thing will be disposed of in order to sell the cage. Is there anyone in Coventry who is willing to contact the seller and advise them that selling hamsters on Ebay is not allowed and perhaps offer this poor little blind hamster a home. I know I am asking a lot but if I lived nearer I would do it myself.
    Hamster , cages and play pen on eBay (end time 08-Aug-09 15:51:27 BST)

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

How heartless can some people be.:mad: :mad: I'd have her myself without the cage if she was nearer.:(

3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I live so close to Coventry.
    I really wish I could help, but my we've got no room for another hamster :(
    Really hope someone else is able to help.
    x

4. thedogsmother

I've just sent a message explaining that it is against Ebay rules and if they still have her after the auction ends that I am a member of several hamster/pet forums and I will try to help them find a home for her. I hope they will take me up on it, I can't guarantee that I can find her a home but at least she might have a hope.

5. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

if only i had the money. will ask the other half what he thinks. see if we can dip into holiday fund and take a trip over there. its about an hour (and possibly a half) away form me i thinks. will have to see what he says, poor thing!! i can believe some people!!

6. thedogsmother

They might take less for the cage if they don't sell it, I can't belive anyone would just sell an animal they have cared for to the highest bidder, and the poor little thing is blind as well:(.

7. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

I saw that yesterday on ebay actually and was going to make a post... its horrible i feel sorry for the poor thing why get a hamster if you're not going to look after it :(

I see the listing has been taken off, hopefully the poor hammy will find a home :(

8. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

shame its been removed. was going to get it. hope its ok!!

9. thedogsmother

I keep checking to see if they send me a message but they haven't got back to me:(, I hope the poor little thing is ok.

10. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I hope the poor thing finds a home :(

11. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Hopefully now that the auction has been cancelled they can find a better way to rehome the hamster.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice