Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help needed !

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Cazbyers, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Cazbyers

Cazbyers PetForums Newbie

I recently moved in with a friend whos dog turned out to be pregnant. It was an unplanned pregnancy which he wasn't even aware of until we confirmed it. The male dog was his sister's dog and was totally unwanted wand he warned her a few times not to let him do it. however, he had to leave his dog (bitch) with his sister and her dog whilst he attended a housing appointment. Whilst he was away they managed to get in together and do the deed. she is not threatening to break into the house and steal the puppy which she wants however we have already sold the puppy she wants. she has threatened my friend multiple times but the problem is she is saying that would be the stud fee. however I am wondering if she has any legal rights considering he didn't want the litter (bitch is a husky and litter are 6 Female husky cross cockerpoo/ Labradoodles) and his plans where only to breed her once to a husky stud (which he now can't do) we are at a loss as to what her rights are and if it was to go to court what our rights are. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this and what the outcome was but also peoples opinions are. she has been saying for months she will get his snipped but still hasnt. He is a randy bugger and tries to hump anything that moved including foxes and has had multiple litters some successful and others not, he is very much untrained and doesn't listen when he is off the lead and will run to any nearby dog. My friend is really upset about the whole matter and doesn't know what to do. he has offered her £250 for a stud fee but she wants the puppy which is already sold even tho she was offered one of the other ones. Any help would be great and very much appreciated

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Legally, the pups belong to the owner of the bitch and the owner of the stud dog has no claim or rights over them whatsoever.

If this person is threatening to break into your friend's house, then your friend should ask the Police to go and speak to her.

I get that your friend says he did not want this litter, but he left his in season bitch with someone who had an entire dog in the house. That was a very careless thing to have done.

I have my doubts as to whether this was an unplanned litter, but the point is the owner of the father to these pups cannot take a pup and, unless there is a written contract, she cannot demand a stud fee either.

3. Cazbyers

Cazbyers PetForums Newbie

Thank you for your quick reply, I read your reply to my friend who totally agrees it was a careless thing to do but unfortunately at the time she would tare through doors if left alone, sister assured him (male) dog would be kept upstairs whilst he was away, maybe 1-1.5 hrs. Once again thank you so much, I was getting panicked by it all as I get left alone in the house with them and didn't want to get involved unless it came to it and police have taken a statement and have spoken to her about the situation.

4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

If she comes to your home, I would not allow her in but ask the Police to come and remove her.

If she presses the issue, you might suggest to her that, as these dogs were in her care when they mated, you will take her to Small Claims Court for any Vet bills incurred and the cost of weaning, worming and general care of the pups.

Remember, she has no legal rights whatsoever. Don't allow her to harass you.

5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

If that was me and the litter was truly not wanted I would be telling her that seeing as she allowed her dog to mate a bitch she was looking after and had said the dog would be kept well away she is very lucky that I had not spoken to a solicitor and taken her to the small claims court for the cost of raising the litter and any vets bills incurred.

But like Rafa has already said I do doubt the litter was not planned obviously they knew the mating had taken place so why did they not take the bitch to the vets for the missmate jab. why would he no longer be able to carry out his plan to mate his bitch to a husky as he says he had planned

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice