Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help needed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KirstyLouise, Apr 14, 2011.

1. KirstyLouise

KirstyLouise PetForums Member

Hi Guys

My six month old tabby has started having running poos and flicking it up the wall. I noticed this on Monday morning and he was fine until this afternoon and this evening hes done it again.

I havent changed his food feed him twice a day and dry food and water are down all the time. He is still eating and is weeing normally and is full of beans. Hes brother from the same litter is fine not a problem just worried about Olly ( tabby).

Any advice would be grateful as im a very worried mummy right now :(:(

2. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Would it hurt to have a chat with your vet?
    Has he been neutured yet?

3. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Sorry to make this short and sweet but i am cream crackered !!..but couldnt read and run .

Take up normal food
    Give plain chicken with a little boiled rice
    Make sure kitty is hydrated..using a plastic syringe to give water if you do not see kitty drinking
    Is your kitten up to date with worming ?
    Could your kitten of ate something it shouldnt of ;)

I would call vets tomorrow...sounds like its not affecting your fur baby much but if runny poos do not stop...your kittten could become dehydrated (dangerous for a kitten ) and its bum could get really sore which is not nice for them.

Vet will be able to advise you....but until then you need steady your kittens stomach...so plain chicken is great...also i swear by Royal canine sensitivity food dry or wet..for when mine have a bad tum

keep us posted :)

night x

4. KirstyLouise

Hi thanks for the replys

No he isnt spayed yet will be soon though and ive havent changed anything there eating.

Ive gotten up this morning and two more running poops and a big mess no sickness though and ive been picking him up lots as he wants my constant attention and no signs of him being in any discomfort. He is really hungrey aswell but ive not feed him his wet food this morning just dry food and water until i speak to the vet this morning and get some advice.

With regards to chicken is it just fully cooked chicken i give him? xx

5. MissyMV6

MissyMV6 PetForums Senior

Regarding the chicken,chop it and boil it gently in a saucepan use some of the liquid in the feeding dish too.I have not mixed it with rice I used pumpkin and it worked a treat some people use sweet potato.

Angie x

6. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Hi..i have just used plain chicken ..cooked in the oven...let us know how vet visit goes xx

7. GingerHound

GingerHound PetForums Member

Yuk. And I always thought it was the dog who was the dirty animal and the cat the nice clean one you can stroke without fear of catching something. :001_smile:

8. KirstyLouise

Off to the vets tomorrow. Hes drinking water and eating his dried iams as vet said keep him on that for 24hrs as im seeing him tomorrow had no runny poops since early this morning but the other kitten wont eat his wet food without his brother lol typical males.

He seems okay but would rather be safe than sorry even if it turns out to be nothing.

Thannks for all ya help guys much apperiated :D

9. KirstyLouise

Vets put both kittys on antiobiotics and then have to worm them after five days plus are on special food for next five days!! xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice