Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help needed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by laney0507, Mar 26, 2011.

1. laney0507

laney0507 PetForums Newbie

Hi All
    im new to the whole forum thing but i was wondering if anyone out there can help me shed a little light on something.

I have 2 beautiful cats who have just turned 1 this week and we have been racking our brains as to why they were still so long but skinny until a visit to the vets advised us they may have some form of oriental breed in them.

as far as i knew they were general tourtie lol

both mums were general black and white short hairs but they had escaped and came back pregnant 2 days apart with no idea who 'Daddy' was.

we did get the only non black and white from each litter (me and my taste for the unusual or so says my other half) so just wondering if anyone out there hads any suggestions as to what they think might be in them (not paying 80 quid for dna test im just curious lol)

any help would be great :001_smile:

Attached Files:

2. shells

shells PetForums VIP

no idea soz but didnt whant to read and run. Are there any diffrent breeds living local to there mom? if there are a few you can at least look them uop and see if your cats share any of the charataristics with them (soz for the spelling)

3. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

No clue, but they definitely do have an Asian breed look to them--the slender angular faces and big ears, almond shaped eyes. I've always assumed our Henry and Eleanor are part Siamese or some other vocal Asian breed. Ellie is quite the talker and if we could dye her fur to cream, take off the black splotches, she's got the Siamese bone structure. They're rescue siblings and 4 of the litter were white with black spots and one was grey. No clue about either parent. I've always wondered myself, just because it's nice to be able to pin some breed characteristics to your pet's looks or behaviors.

4. laney0507

laney0507 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the posts :) No idea who Dad would be as we live in a different area but as far as the mums owners knew they thought it was a tabby but im thinking not lol

They are both really vocal as well and can be really needy which ive been told is a Siamese trait

they do seem to space out and go hyper occasionally plus love nothin more than draggin all my clothes out of the wardrobe to make a bed lol

5. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

i am not an expert on breeds but they certaintly have a siamese look about
    them...they are beautiful :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice