Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help needed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by buzzmaster, Jun 12, 2010.

1. buzzmaster

buzzmaster PetForums Member

I don't know where to start but here goes.

I have a tom cat tomtom and recently adopted a stray cat no one wanted called her Millie but several weeks ago had feral cats come into my garden seems they where living in an old woman's garden and she had been feeding them sadly she died and with their food source dried up naturally they seemed to sense my house had food for them, they started creeping into the house stealing food my cats had left.

I have contacted Cats Protection and able to ascertain these brothers and sisters have been trapped and neautered etc also contacted Leeds City Council they do not want to help RSPCA they advised contact local council, i have also contacted various cat charities that have advised they are full but have offered to help me with food which i was very grateful for sadly this has proved to be no avail after several phone calls they keep promising to come to my house and bring food and they either keep forgetting or just don't bother turning up :( so far i have now 4 feral cats plus my own 2 and i cannot afford to keep feeding them so this if anyone would be willing to contribute any food then i would be so grateful i appreciate times are hard but i cannot stop feeding them tried that and the other night 2 of them got into the house via the back door and where hiding under the kitchen units took me and my daughter an hour to entice them out as you can understand they were very frightened indeed.

I am literally exasperated at this and really do not know what to do anymore i have exhausted every avenue and i am getting nowwhere.

i can email you my details if you require them any help greatly appreciated

Jane

#1 buzzmaster, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

wow it such a shame they was not dog i have plenty of dog food over but not cat i would round them up and take them to the vet or rspca and say i was tolds you would help me hear you go now help them im sorry i cant be more help

3. buzzmaster

i know council said they domestic animals told them not domesticated as the poor things roaming wild and you cannot stroke them as start hissing at you but usual stuff they just wann wash hand of it !!!!

4. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

it a hard one is there anyone else on your street that will help can you all pill together to eather feed the cats or start a pestion so the councel have to deal with it if enough people signed it they may listen if not i dont know what you could do

5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

6. buzzmaster

Katie200 thanks you so much for that will have a read through, seems the cats were already being feed by 2 neighbours in the street for about a year but one was elderly lady whom sadly dies several weeks ago and the other a gentleman whose wife feed them and she died and he has now moved out of the area, unfortunately council area and most people not interested in helping the neighbours i have spoken to have been great and tried to help in giving some food but needs to be ongoing. SO sad as they really are lovely cats so i will battle on and keep pestering people and may even try cat food suppliers for donations but seems they only interested in large charities that can advertise for them.:(

7. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

im really sorry i couldnt be more help im a real cat lover so know it must be hard i hope you find help soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice