Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help needed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by malibu, May 14, 2010.

1. malibu

malibu Guest

My cat is about 7-10days away from having her litter but as we live in Germany she is due her rabies vaccination then bloods a month later (so we can return to the UK) but I'm unsure on when she can have it, do I have to wait until the kittens are weaned or can she have it once she's given birth (she is up to date on vaccinations and is microchipped)

2. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

i'm not sure... better to ask your vet.

When are you planning on returning? will the kittens be weaned and in homes (minimum 8 weeks but preferably 12), or are you planning on bringing the kittens with you? As far as i am aware they need their own pet passports too?

sal x

3. malibu

malibu Guest

The kittens will all be going to new homes at apprx 10weeks, I've asked my vet but but the language barrier is abit crap lol x

4. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

I think you have to wait until the kittens are weaned but you should ask your vet.

Ah, just seen that you have.

5. billyboysmammy

hehe it cant be easy!

I think hobbs on here is from germany so maybe she could help with the translation for you?

6. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

7. billyboysmammy

according to wellvet, rabies vaccine is not suitable to be given to pregnant or lactating girls. You would need to wait until her milk has dried up before you vaccinate her x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice