Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help needed with pending puppy toilet training

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lilburnthomson, Jan 1, 2008.

1. lilburnthomson

lilburnthomson PetForums Newbie

Hi there,

As a new member, Im hoping that again, someone can perhaps help with a dilemma I have. Phoebe a whippet/bedlington cross was confirmed pregnant on christmas eve and we are hoping to give one of the pending puppies a loving home. She lives in a terraced house just round the corner and we also live in a terraced house with a large patio partly paved and partly small stones outside but with two parks in spitting distance, one is a little one at the end of our street, and pitville park in cheltenham is a lovely huge one with a lake, only minutes away.

We are happy that we can overcome the lack of garden with these resources on a longer term basis, and have regularly looked after a rescue lurcher,but Im concerned about the initial toilet training as until injections etc we cant really take any chances with contact outside of home. I wonder if anyone has any practical advice on this. Do we perhaps designate a specific spot and put down a mulched area for example as we dont want her to see hard surfaces as the place to go or the patio ultimately.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Patricia

2. Swallow

Swallow PetForums Newbie

I breed Border Collie Pups and once weaning has started they tend to follow mum to a designated area we have at the top of the garden which is covered in deep bark chippings. They soon get the hang of going out after waking, feeds and playing. So far, we've had very little accidents within the house and nearly all of our pups go to their new homes housetrained (albeit odd accident due to change of routine/surroundings etc). One thing is I get very happy new owners:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice