Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help needed! Dog not sleeping in new flat.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by britishcarl, Oct 12, 2013.

1. britishcarl

britishcarl PetForums Newbie

Hi, first post on this forum, as times are becoming very desperate,

I have a two year old Pug called Ruby, and a 8 week old Pug called Bella.

I moved with my girlfriend from my girlfriends mums house and into a 1 bedroom floor flat, on Monday, and that's when we brought Bella. Since Monday, Ruby has not slept at night at all, the puppy sleeps fine, and doesn't make a noise. They sleep together in the kitchen with a baby gate up. She whines, cries and even barks, the whole night. Iv'e tried to settle her this week because iv'e had it off work, but no luck.

I think it's because iv'e "mothered" Ruby too much and knowing my bedroom in right next to the kitchen, she just wants to be with me. Anyone have any help or information that could get her to sleep at night i would be very VERY grateful. Thank you for any posts in advance.

2. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Could you crate train her and put the crate outside your room and gradually move it away so she's back in the kitchen with the puppy? Is the puppy disturbing her or is there a noise in the kitchen that's irritating her? Does she have all the same bedding as the old place, familiar smells might help.

I'm sure someone much brighter than me will have some good ideas soon :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice