Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help needed - dispute with phone company

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by welshjet, Jan 3, 2015.

1. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Well, not been on here for a while peeps,!

Anyone know if I can cancel a direct debit if I am going to dispute its bill.

Basically rang t mobile to end a contract, they said subject to an early termination fee, I asked when I could end the contract witbout incurring the fee, customer service person gave me the date, I then rang up on tbat date to cancel

Low and behold the buggers have charged me an early cancellation, I dont dispute anything else on the bill, just the cancellation charge.

Spoke with bank, as far as they concerned, I can cancel the Direct Debit as its not gone out yet, as its due to be taken from my account mid week but not know whether that is somethi g that I can do with the phone provider or whether it has to go through and then dizpute it and recover the any costs back

Thanks for any help x

2. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

?You can just cancel the direct debit with the bank, the phone company then have to write to you with the outstanding bill.

3. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Picklelilly, they have already sent me the paper copy of the final bill, thats how I found out about the cancellation charge

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

You can cancel the Direct Debit - however if you have a legal contract with the company they can reinstate it with out your permission.
    I would cancel it to buy you some time - be aware the phone company may charge an unpaid fee to your account with them.
    Ring up the phone company tell them what you have done and why and that because of the miss information given to you on your original call you would like to make a complaint and are only prepared to pay what you consider to be the outstanding amount
    Good luck

5. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I would get back onto the phone company and tell them that you will be cancelling you bank payment. Ask to speak to someone higher up.
    I spent months arguing with vodafone, but it paid off in the end. Good luck and don't take any of the cr*p. :)

6. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Thanks, have decided will let it go through as lasg thing I need or want is a default non payment on a credit history which could affect my credit rating.

Willv argue the toss with them and ask them hopefully listen to the call which hopefully they recorded with the end date which they advise me to ring back on

7. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

When i tried to end my contract with o2 they said i would still be charged up to the end of contract time

8. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I'd suggest keeping the direct debit in place too. You will likely end up with a fee for them not being able to collect the money and a bad credit score. If you can get hold of an email address, record what's happened this far with dates and times, name if you have it of the person you spoke to as well.

Does this help?

Switch Carriers without Early Termination Fees | No ETF's | T-Mobile

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice