Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help needed about a tiny mouse !!!!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by xxwelshcrazyxx, Apr 2, 2011.

1. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

My sons tiny mouse was ok this morning, but he just went to see it and it was laying on its side lifeless, I picked it up and it was cool to touch, I rubbed its side lightly to see if it would move at all but nothing at first, then when i rubbed its side again its back leg started to scratch the area I was rubbing, I placed some water by its mouth and its front paw tried to push away, it is laying there and not moving, I have got it in a warm towel at the moment, but not sure if they hybernate at all.

2. Wilted0Rose

Wilted0Rose PetForums Member

as far as i am aware mice dont hibernate. I had a mouse with a similar problem once, but i soon found out the poor thing was basically frozen stiff, so every morning i would get her a hot water bottle ready and wrap a towel around it making a little pouch for her to sit in and warm up. once she warmed up she would be fine for the rest of the day and i would have to go through the same thing the next morning till i had summer camp and the job was left to my mother... well you can guess what happened, one day she forgot to do it.

If the warming up doesnt work, I would suggest a vet, but it can be pricey.

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Pip got like this one night, I popped him in my bra and by about an hour later he was fine, he was orphaned pretty young so maybe its something to do with that, hes a fine healthy boy now though, it was just that one blip. How old is the mouse? Is it showing any signs of dehydration?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice