Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help Needed A.S.A.P Tonight if poss

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by zoeeoo, May 26, 2010.

1. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

hey i need someone to help out i got a greyhound x she is 2 yrs old and she needs someone who can work with her she has gone for me and my fiance in a fear way and she started to attack my 6month old dog for no reason i will explan more i u wanna call me but i need to find a good home a.s.a.p tobight if i can becuase i can separate them and its late to call anyone please i need help and there isnt any ay i can work with her with this becuase i got a crazy 6month old who needs training and my house i cant separate them all the time and i walk alot in puiblic and i dont wanna chance anything happen. please contact me on 07875319839 i can explan more over the phone.

if u are suitable please collection as i dont drive a car.

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

:rolleyes:

You recent posts are worrying. I stated my worry on one of your latest ones. You appear to be getting rid of older pets to replace them with new.

I hope you find a good home for your dog. Have you tried a rescue centre local to you?

Edit: Also you might want to think about using different user names on different forums, as it seems you are also thinking of getting a new puppy? Please please please do the right thing by your dog and any other animals. They have feelings you know, and it is very upsetting for an animal being shoved from pillar to post. What ever your reasons.

#2 Aurelia, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  3. jen24

jen24 Banned

You are clearly very worried and probably a little shaken by this. you dont need abuse, you need help. :)

What methiods of training have you tried with this dog? there must be a reason for it behaving this way and if you find out what this reason is you may be able to sort the problem.

You are clearly stressed and unsure what to do, is there any kennels nearby that could have your dog for the night so you can clear your head and plan what to do properly?

Also you dont mention whereabouts you live but if you are convinced you want to rehome the dog you would be best taking him to a rescue so you know he will be looked after and the right new owners will be found.

4. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

that was before i got my puppy thanks i need help i took this dog on becuase she needed help and now she has biten me and my fiance and atting my dog i cant separate her im sorry to sound **** but this is it and im cutting down on pets becuase having a house is a big thing and im strugling alot with bills so i need to cut back im not ASKING for MONEY for this dog i want a good understanding home who can help me and her. if i didnt have a crazy 6month old i have had for over 3 months i would work on her but after she attcking my Staffx i dont want my staff to turn nasty on other dog i have worked hard to get her use to people and dogs sooo dont say anything unless u know me commnet if u want to help.

5. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Hi

I think, correct me if i am wrong, that recently you go a rescue?
    Was it the 6 month old? or the the greyhound?

Could you contact them and ask for advice?

6. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

Helloo, i got her from day one becuase owner couldnt cope they didnt kno what they was doing and i can see this dog wasnt getting walks soo the 1st day took her home and walked her with my pack (2 other females young) and there is soo calm it was nice and its been great ever since but i think this dog has started to settle down and my fiance couldnt get her to her bed, they sleep in the kitchen soo they feel safe like they den and my dogs love it they fed there and water there soo she wouldnt liston and he went to pull her down with collar and she bit him i havt done this in the day with her no problem and he was very calm about this he is a very relaxed person soo he got her out by getting her walking lead and she was wagging tail for walkie and .... HANG ON PHONE I WILL EXPLAN

7. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

my 6month old is a satff x and she been with me for about 3+ month and we got a 10week old boxer x bull miaiff spelling month ago and got this new dog unwanted about 4-5 days ago

8. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

No it wasn't, you say quite clearly on another forum in April about getting a ferret, and that you were considering getting another puppy, and I quote "to go with gypsy me 4month old". Edit: I see you explained that you already got another puppy a month ago, never mind *sigh*.

You are clearly upset, I would recommend speaking to a rescue centre. They are probably the best people to help this dog right now. I would strongly advise against passing a problematic dog onto someone else who could possible also not realise what they are getting in to. That would make things worse for the poor dog.

:(

9. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

i do want a ferret and no way will i be getting one, even tho i want one soo much i got my hands full sooo i can always dream and say and ask about them but no way would i get another pet in case things change and i need to find a home for it.
    i understand u love ur pets i do but things have changed in the last month for me its been busy work been unside down and my fiance is a lazy **** if u get me and im doing this on my own,

10. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

Some resuce are helping me but cant take her but i got two numbers to call 2morrow i hope molly finds a good place someone who can give her one to one training and turst i feel gutted this has happen otherwise she will be in my family forever but coz i walk in ALOT of public places and around dogs and people i feel i dont want to stop her freedom but muzzling and keeping on leash on every walk it isnt normal for her. :( if anyone here can still help i would apperciate it. please dont judge a book by its cover and understand im doing whats best for her and my family.

11. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

i also contacted a friend who put me in contact with her onwers but there isnt any way they want her back sooo really its up to me to find the best intrest for her.

12. cazzajack

cazzajack PetForums Member

Where are you please ?

13. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

Personally i would contact rescue, at least they will fully vet any potential owners.
    I hope she finds a great home.

14. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

I think i understand, you stepped in because this dog was being ill treated, and took him/her on, (good on you for trying to help) and she/he is showing fear agression...if this was not the problem, you would have no worries about keeping her?

I am no expert, but do you think it might be the trauma of the move, and it may only be temporay? as i said, i am no expert.

Just a thought, maybe contacting a rescue centre, explaining the situation...they may offer to help in giving advice, or help in hands on training? my only fear is the more this dog is moved on, the more it might become a problem.

Good luck, and bless your heart for trying to help......

Luvdogs likes this.
  15. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

No, she was being ill treated wasnt she?, so she should no way go back there

16. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

im from blackwood south wales,
    i have contacted resuced and they full but i got 2 more numbers to contact. i know with her biteing its out of fear i KNOW she needs to find someone with time to trust her and i think she needs to feel safe u can see in pictures im posting now she seems a happy settle dog and she gets LOADS of walks that she loves.

[​IMG]

with gypsy the one she attcked and misty my mams dog she is friendly she unsure how to play but she knows how to play better but today was a different story and i know gypsy didnt start anyhting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as u can see she is a happy looking dog and looks settle but she is a very intellagent dog that needs to be one to one.

17. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

i think she is unsure how people will act with her like she use to me touching her collar for the lead and my fiance but last night was different, the 1st owners ill treated her 2nd ones didnt know how to handle her they had her for 1yrs and half and she has been better here than she have ever been with her owners the friend sed, but I WOULD LOVE TO work with her but i cant with two young dogs and the house being small soo i cant separate at night like this and i dont want molly to get confused by all this. the moving yeah she will but its going to take time for her to bond with a person. i want to do this but i dont have one to one i got 2 other yung ones wanting me to play with them.

18. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

no i understand but if she did i will help them get her a place but there isnt any way they will take her back now.

19. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

Please FEEL FREE to ask questions but if anyone would help i would apperiacte this alot. i will help all the way if i can.

20. cazzajack

cazzajack PetForums Member

many tears will take her im sure

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice