Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Help! Need opinions asap!

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by Kate455, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Kate455

Kate455 PetForums Newbie

My jill has just had her first (and last) litter 3 weeks ago, she had 8 healthy kits and theyre all doing well. She was never protective over them and i have handled them daily from 2 weeks old, and she was more than happy for me to do so. However 3 days ago, my jill launched at me and latched onto my chin, and has been showing serious aggression towards me since. Her diet didnt change, no one else disturbed her, i didnt take the kits out of her sight and didnt hold them for more than a minute each, nothing had changed. I went in there and she launched at me before i even touched them that day. I am wandering if it is hormone issues, she has a very thin coat particuarly towards the back end but i thought it would be because of molting, and she has lost a bit of weight too but shes just had kits so id expect that. I work at a vets and will take her if it does not improve but i am not keen on the idea of taking her away from them even for a couple minutes when they are so young. If anyone has any advice it would be really appreciated. Kind regards.

2. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

Hmm, not sure what might have caused that, but since you say nothing else has changed, I'd think you probably want to get her checked over by the vet - maybe speak to the vet for an opinion first. Nothing wrong with taking the babies along in the same carrier, they can have their first once-over at the same time...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice