Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Help! Need advice between my adult cat and kitten!!

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Sammp14, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Sammp14

Sammp14 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone! So I have a 4 year old male cat named Gucci and I noticed he was getting less energetic and was always just laying around so I thought he was lonely. So about 3 months ago I got him a little brother (a male kitten) named Nas ..they are pretty much best friends. They go to the little box back to back, drink/eat forehead to forehead (it is ADORABLE) but I've noticed sometime s when Nas is just laying there Gucci will stand over Nas and bite him and will meow super loud while biting him..Nas doesny meow so I know Gucci isn't hurting him but why does Gucci meow so loud while biting Nas?
    P.S. it's happening ALL the time now

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Sammp14 and welcome :)

Is Gucci neutered?

How old is Nas?

It could be Gucci has taken on a "mothering" type of role with Nas if the kitten is very small. It has been known with male cats and kittens.

The biting and miaowing could be that Gucci is trying to get Nas to move to where Gucci thinks he should be. As this behaviour in increasing I would interrupt it by distracting both cats with a game or some treats. Otherwise it could become a habit and as Nas gets bigger he may not like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice