Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! My snail has blue jelly on her head.

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by noko, Apr 1, 2021.

1. noko

noko PetForums Newbie

My laeotropic snail sometimes has swollen head. She seems to want to mate. Last night I put her and other snails in the same cage. Then, the left side of her face was swollen. She seems to be exciting.
    This morning, she became like this photo. The left side of her face has a big blue jelly. I feel that something like a protrusion can be seen through the jelly. Too much excitement? Did the organs of the body come out? What should I do!?

Attached Files:

2. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

That is definitely a prolapse, likely an oral prolapse. Try giving a bit of sugar water, that can sometimes help but unfortunately it will keep happening. The kindest thing to do is euthanise your snail.

By laeotropic I realise you mean what I would term as sinistral. Are the sexual organs also on the left and side with a snail like this? If it's a prolapse of the reproductive system then sugar water wont help, you'll just have to see if it goes back in by itself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice