Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help my puppy is peeing

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by lexie13579, Jul 29, 2009.

1. lexie13579

lexie13579 PetForums Junior

My 14 week puppy is driving me mad at the moment, we put him outside for a pee, and hes out there for a good hour, when he comes back in he will stand in front of you and pee! we have cleaned his pee up with a biological washing powder, but he still does it. we have not told him off only if we see him do it. How can we stop him from doing it. If hes in doors he will pee every 15 mins out side he will only go if hes desperate. Also we have been trying to crate train him over night, he goes out last thing at night about 10.30 then when i get up at 6-7am hes already done it in his crate, i thought dogs dont like to pee in their own crate. Can any one advise please.

2. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

your baby is very young so its hardly surprising. Give him time. i'd be more worried if he was at 7 months of age like my own pup the stupid idiot lol

Can i just say you should take pup out more regularly. I mean he's peeing inside every 15 mins in the house? You should take him out every 15 - 20mins, and after every feed and nap.

He'll get there in the end.

3. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Maybe get up in the night and take him out for a wee......

4. lexie13579

My Other lab was nothing compared to him, but he should be able to hold his pee more than 15 - 20 mins, he goes to puppy class and he dont pee there. None of my other dogs has had this problem either. I know hes young but he should be getting better now, i do give him treats when he has gone out side, but then he does it. to be honest its taking up alot of time going out every 15 - 20 mins for hours at a time. He does go for walks too with my bitch and he wont go then and we are out for about an hour to an hour and a half. i think he does it just cause he wants too. He just stand there in front of us and do it. Maybe i am hoping for a lot but he should be doing it alot better now. Thanks for your answer any way!

5. AJH

AJH PetForums Junior

He will do his buisiness in the house for a while.

He is only 14 weeks and has not got sufficient training experience yet to go out. Even if he did he probably would not have strong enough bladder/bowels. We have two labs, and they were not properly potty trained until after a few months. We just had to suck up and clear up after them unfortunately, but puppy muck is not as bad as adult muck though. When he is old enough you must simply praise him when you see him going outside, with a biscuit or something and eventually start to scold him when you catch him going in the house (but only when he is doing it in the house less and less).

6. lexie13579

Thank you for your kind words.

I also have a bitch who is 11 month old and she was clean at about 4 - 6 months.

I know its different from puppy to adult. But we are a responsible people who clean up our dogs mess out side as well as inside.

May i ask how old your labs are? its so nice to speak to people who have the same breed as i have.

Many thanks again.

7. AJH

AJH PetForums Junior

Your welcome. The father who is a brown lab is 7, and his son, a black lab, is 8 months old. Oh, I did not mean to suggest you do not clean the dog's mess outside, just that it is possibly harder to clean up the mess on the carpet and that I could see why you would not want your puppy to wee and poo in the house but there is not much that can be done about that initially unfortunately.

8. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

He's only young, I think it's just takes a lot of perserverance :)

I have a 12 month old Lab, he was clean at about 4 months, though he didn't pee every 15-20 mins, but all pups are different.

But I would never advise scolding a pup, and I'm sure a lot of dog lovers on here will also agree with me.

9. lexie13579

Lol no i did not take it the wrong way.

We have laminated flooring all down stairs, and the dogs dont go up stairs so its easy to pick it up, and mop the floor over.

Wow do you breed labs then? both mine are yellow, we have alot of black and browns around here but not many yellows.

i was going to ask you how much your girl was if you had one but you aint so i cant ask.

Thank you again.

10. lexie13579

Hi

I dont scold Shadow as hit him, i growel at him, i know it might seem odd me growling, but thats all i do.

Please do not think i would ever hit my dogs as i dont. Im not that sort of person.

Just want to make sure that people has not taken that wrong.

11. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Not to worry, just some people can take scold in the wrong way and I didn't think you would hit your dogs.

Shadow is a lovely name :)

12. AJH

AJH PetForums Junior

I would not say we breed labs but we know some people who own(ed) a black labrador bitch (they own two now :D) and wanted to breed her and we wanted to breed our dog the once so we bred hers with our dog, and they kept one of the bitches and we took one of the males (I know there's a theme going there, right :D...well I do prefer the males, I must admit, and I couldn't imagine how much hard work it is when the bitches go into season haha.)

13. lexie13579

Bless you thank you we took it off the film home word bound.

My other lab is called Honey.

14. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

when you say 'put him outside for a pee', do you go out with him or do you just put him outside on his own?

15. lexie13579

16. lexie13579

Well i think that is a nice way of doing it. Both parties are happy, and i wish i could have found some one like that, but in the end i thought i would buy my own stud. I could also then put him out to stud. Both dogs have a good pedigree and i have to do the hip and eye scores at the vets so hopefully they should be both ok.

I just wanted to know when a lab should come into season my bitch as i said is 11 months old and still not had a season so wondered if you new.:)

17. AJH

AJH PetForums Junior

haha no I don't know sorry. I'm sure someone else here will though.

18. lexie13579

Lol sorry just thought by a little chance you might sorry if i have embarrassed you :blushing:

19. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Aww bless, they are both lovely names.
    My lab is called Bailey.
    x

20. lexie13579

Awww ,your lucky, i wanted to call Shadow Bailey, but my son did not like the name so i had to have shadow.

I love the name, and shadow would suit the name as well. X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice