Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help...My Gizmo has steroid related meningitis

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Marina Notaro, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Marina Notaro

Marina Notaro PetForums Newbie

Hi, has anyone had any experience with their dog having meningitis? I am desperate to find out any information I can...My boy was diagnosed yesterday ( after many tests ,spinal tap etc) and I would dearly like to hear of other people's experiences.Thank you.

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

My podenco developed this not long after he came to me. Literally screaming in agony, refusing to move, refusing to eat, dropping weight rapidly.

POORLYPOD.jpg poorly.png

He responded really well to treatment and was on steroids for several months - slowly weaned off them. He is pretty much a-okay now :)
    (unsure if its lasting effects from it, but he gets stiff and sore in his neck/back when he's cold)

flyingpod.JPG PODDER.jpg PODDERRR.jpg

Hope Gizmo recovers too x

#2 BlueJay, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Just remembered this which may help, the member doesn't really post much at all now but I remembered her dog had steroid responsive meningitis, there may be something helpful on the link below, its the thread that was started when her dog was diagnosed which I have managed to find.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/steroid-responsive-meningitis.305748/#post-1062910771

4. Marina Notaro

Thank you Bluejay ,such lovely photos....he looks so healthy,very reassuring...x

5. Marina Notaro

Thank you so much for your help...What a great site..x

Sled dog hotel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice