Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help my dog moved her puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by NiamhGCollins, Jan 16, 2019.

1. NiamhGCollins

NiamhGCollins PetForums Newbie

Hey! I was wondering if anyone could help me, my dog has just had puppies 4 days ago and had moved them from her welping box to the sofa, now it’s not that I mind it’s just the fear of on of them falling we have tried moving them back into there bed and she just keeping going back and forth we put a cage round it and she even went as far and trying to just over it with a pup in her mouth we are now spending all day and all night awake aswell just incase one falls but I just can’t get her back into the pen, I thought it was maybe the heated blakent under her vet bedding that was annoying her and I turned it off also her bed is beside the sofa so she’s in the living room with us all any suggestions on what I should do?

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

She might be happier in a more secluded part of the house, and if you have a spare bedroom or something like that, you can block off access to the bed by putting things on it, or turn it on its side. If everything is at floor level, there's no risk of the pups being put on something, then falling off.

3. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

For whatever reason she has become concerned about the whelping box. They tend to move pups when they don't feel 'safe' (this may be because something doesn't smell right or feel right (yes, it could have been the heat) or too many people have been interrupting her). As Burrowzig says, she may be happier in a more secluded area of the house where you can control what she has access to and she can feel 'safe' again.

J

Linda Weasel and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice