UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a very old budgie and she is sick, whilst cleaning her out a while ago I noticed she was not walking very well. When I took a close look at her she has white small lumps on her leg which look like ulcers but they are not open wounds. This is causing her to be lame and she is spending alot of time on the floor of her cage, is there anything I can do for her tonight? I will get her to the vets tomorrow but I just want to help her now. Do you know what this might be and can she be helped by the vet?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi sorry to hear about your budgie, I wonder if it might be scaley leg? Can you post a picture?

If you rub some vasceline onto her legs and feet it will kill the worm that causes scaley leg, you need to do this for several days. She may have scaley leg and face. Look for any thin white lines on her beak.

Here is a useful link about it.

Do keep us updated and fingers crossed for your budgie. If it is, it's very easy to cure.

Birds Online - Health and diseases - Parasite infestation - Burrowing mites (scaly face/leg mite)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.