Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! Molting love bird or sick love bird?

Discussion in 'Bird Health and Nutrition' started by zeldas, Apr 15, 2011.

1. zeldas

zeldas PetForums Newbie

Hi, hope some one can help with my query...
    I have two masked love birds aged just under one year, Bandit and Burglar. One or both are currently molting. For the last week and a half Bandit is sleeping more than usual and sitting around alot with eyes closed and with feathers fluffed up. Bandit is still eating/drinking and interacting and has a clean beak/face. (I'm positive they are not fighting or plucking feathers. They both won't eat any fruit or veg and are on seed diet with daily millet branch and an occasional honey stick).
    Is this normal during the molt? Or should i be taking B to the vet?

2. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Hard to tell without seeing the birds...the moult can affect birds though some more than others.I'd give it a day or two and if you're still worried pay the vet a visit.Keep them warm in the meantime, and a bit of glucose in the water can give them a boost energy wise.

3. zeldas

zeldas PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your reply, very sadly died before i got it to the vet, kicking myself i didn't get it to vet sooner. Now must concentrate on getting another partner for B as worried about love sickness setting in...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice