Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help meeee

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by daisyboo, Jul 16, 2009.

1. daisyboo

daisyboo PetForums Member

Right ive had enough now :( Boo weed and pood on me about 4 times last night, and i dont mean a little wee i mean soaked me through.

Everytime im sat on the sofa he jumps on me (which is nice) but then poo's and wee's on me LOADS. He doesnt do it with anyone else and he does it each time im sat on there.

i dont know what to do as i cant keep him off the sofa. I cant keep him shut in 1 room as we live in an open plan apartment and he lives in the living room/kitchen.

:confused:

2. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Awww he loves you lol.:p
    Has he been castrated?

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Sorry I know nothing about bunnys but could you put a puppy pad on your knee so any accidents wouldn't be such a problem.

4. daisyboo

no not yet is he only 12 weeks, im going to get him done in september when ive been on holiday.

why do you think he's doing it?

5. daisyboo

the first time he did it i was sat under a blanket and he soaked that so i put it in the wash and put his towl on my knee, then he wee'd on that. then he wee'd again and it went all over the sofa!

6. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

I can only think he is marking his territory and your lap is just for him in his eyes.
    I would discourage him sitting on your lap until you have had him castrated and hopefully after that the need to mark will go.

7. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

ha ha bless him!! Stan does this also its such a pain!! But at elast it means they love us lol!! But it will stop when you get him done x

8. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

he is most deffinately scent marking you, rabbits do this to make out what belongs to them. i work in a pet shop and we have a shop rabbit that is continuesly out around the shop. the previous shop rabbit that we had use to always do this to my shoes as they didnt smell like him. so he made them. its just something rabbits do to make them feel safer as the area smells like them.

castrating him is your best option but do take into mind that this may stop it but may also just decrease it. and it will take around 3 weeks for the changes to take effect after he has been castrated.

maybe getting a female for him after he has been castrated will be a good idea as then he has someone else that he can cuddle up on the sofa with :D

dont get annoyed with him as that is his instict, he cannot help it :blushing:

hope the problem gets better for you

9. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

Whenever he tries to climb on you, pick him up and put him next to you and then stroke him. He should learn that he gets rewarded if he sits next to you and not on you.
    Im no expert but i think a bit of basic training should work.

10. daisyboo

He wont let me pick him up, ive stopped try cos he really doesnt like it so it seemed pointless.

11. Missymoo

Missymoo PetForums Senior

Aww thats a shame mine loves a cuddle!! xx

12. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

I think I have pee'd myself laughing:D sorry it just sounds so funny,

13. daisyboo

trust me it isnt funny when you clothes (even my under wear) was soaked with wee. then your sofa as well :(

14. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

How does he stop you picking him up? does he bite you? otherwise just do it, they should be used to being picked up.

15. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

At 12 weeks you should be able to get him done soon!

Norman was the same, it was not very nice and we rent so I had to ban him from the sofa. He kept trying to get up but I would just shoo him back down and within days he realised that he wasnt allowed!
    He has been done now so im just waiting afew weeks for it all to settle and then I will train him to get back up again and see how it goes! x

16. daisyboo

no he doesnt bite just scratches and thrashes about. i dont see the point in doing something to him which is unnatural for him (he is obviously frightened) and he really doesnt like it.

17. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

I get your point, mine used to be very scratchy and we still have the scars.
    He's better now though. I guess if he really doesn't want to be touched then that ok, but one day you might have to give medicine, so you would need to hold him then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice