Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help me!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by wolves fan, Aug 4, 2009.

1. wolves fan

wolves fan PetForums Newbie

i have a 4ft tank and need help with ;

1. how much gravel do i need
    2. how meny fish do i put in with my silver shark and 2x black mollys

i also have a goldfish do i put that in one of the 3ft tanks i now own or in the one i alredy have ELITE STYLE 35

PLEASE HELP ME IM NEW TO THIS HOBBY AND IM 15

2. bunnyboo34

bunnyboo34 PetForums Newbie

well you can put haw much you like on there but you need to ask the man in the shop how many fish can you have and tell him what kind of tank it is and he could tell you. i have 3 fish i let them have lots of room and and some toys and they love under water plant so it can help them breath.:wink5:

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Don't ask the man in the shop how many fish you can fit, you will end up with an overstocked tank, because most shops just want to make money.

You need to research what fish go well with the ones you have. I have never had a silver shark but perosnally I would be putting platy's neons and tetras with mollies.
    Only add 3 or 4 fish at a time, and leave a week or so before adding more fish as it can upset the balance if you add too many too quickly.

I like to have quite a bit of gravel in my tank so I can shape it and add plants in without it looking bare.

Your goldfish needs a big tank, they are very messy, so it will need a good filter.

x

4. nickmcmechan

nickmcmechan PetForums Member

5. wolves fan

wolves fan PetForums Newbie

hi thanks for the help but i still have the 35style tank as the bloke i was buyin tha taks off pulled out at the last min so still lookin 4 a new tank or 2 but i ay got much money to spend

6. thedeans

thedeans PetForums Senior

Just keep all tanks
    Maybe you could look at adding some other cold water fish to your goldie and putting it into your 3ft tank
    Set up a community of tropicals - not sure about the silver shark - don't they get big?? if so you might need just the couple of fish you already have to leave room for him to grow!!
    I put enough gravel in to bury the plants in - its difficult to say an exact measure - mine also slopes from back to front ie more at the back and less at the front - but if you are adding caves, wood, plants, ornaments etc it will vary
    I'd keep your elite and use it as a hospital tank / quarantine tank /fry tank

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice