Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help me

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Amy Storey, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Amy Storey

Amy Storey PetForums Newbie

Hey guys! I have a gorgeous little Chinese crested powder puff called Bella. I love her to bits but she's so naughty. I've had her a week (9 weeks old) and has come a long way with toilet training. But she picks up everything and chews everything that she can get her jaws on! Lead training is going badly, she just sits down and won't move unless she's dragged even with the offer of her favourite treats.
    I have signed her up for puppy training which can't come quick enough but I am one stressed out mummy!
    Any advice?

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

She's not naughty - she's a young puppy! Forget lead training. There's no need at 9 wks! If you have a garden , have her follow you round that - change direction , drop treats, make her chase you.
    When you do put a lead on, make it a nice light one and let it trail.
    Don't be dragging her. I would forget the lead for a week or two at least though.

Biting - well that comes as standard with all normal pups!! I'm sure there's plenty of advice in the stickies section.

Get your pup into well stuffed kongs. Enjoy!

Burrowzig, Sairy and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Amy Storey

Amy Storey PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much. You've really reassured me. I'm a new puppy owner so just a bit nervous xx

tabelmabel likes this.
  4. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

You have a normal puppy ,it does get better honestly:)

5. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

As above, dragging her won't make her happier on lead. You could try walking backwards, encouraging forward steps towards you and from there progress to walking sideways and eventually forwards while encouraging forward steps .

tabelmabel, Burrowzig and Sairy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice