Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help me take my mind off

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mellowyellow, Jul 7, 2014.

1. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

Simba's at the vet having his teeth looked at as he's been eating funny.
    I dropped him of at 9:30, have been into town, played with Nala who is feeling a bit lost and have tidied the spare room.
    Still haven't heard from the vet:(. Time is dragging and I've run out of things to occupy myself (I could vacuum but then I might not hear the phone), I want my soppy boy back:eek:.

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

If its anything like my vets, you take them in early, then they don't start operations etc. until after their appts. are finished about 11.30. Hopefully if you haven't already, you'll hear soon. Hope Simba will be back to eating ok now.

3. mellowyellow

They just phoned. I can go get him at 5 :D
    He just needed one of his back teeth out and they had to take out the one hext to it as they were sharing a root, apparently very unusual trust him to be difficult:rolleyes:

He was still eating but kept tipping his head to one side to chew that what made me think one side was sore.

4. mellowyellow

Could someone explain to sim that as he back legs are currently not fully cooperating climbing to the top platform of his ceiling cat climber is not the best of ideas.
    I keep telling him to just go and lie down but will he no:rolleyes:

5. Britt

Britt Pooh’s slave

Glad Simba is back home -- cats can't just lie down unless they take a .... cat nap.

6. mellowyellow

Well the anaesthetic has worn off, he's fine moving around and jumping but now I have a new problem.
    He will not settle!!
    He doesn't seem distressed and is rubbing the sides of his mouth on my hand to scent on me as he likes to does. HE JUST WONT SETTLE FOR THE NIGHT
    He sleeps for 10-15 mins and I think he's fine then he wants pets but the he doesn't, then he goes into the hall but is back on the bed two mins later, then he wants to sleep on me then he doesn't.
    It's like the cat version of ADHD.
    He's was doing his pay attention to me cause I'm hungry "burr" so I soaked a little of his dry applaws in water to make it soft which he ate but he still won't settle.
    He's a very nervous cat so I'm not sure if he is just out of sorts because of staying at the vets,
    If he's just not tired cause he's slept most of the day,
    If he's in pain and wants comfort (but I don't think so as he ate the extra food)
    Or if he's having a funny reaction to a medication.

HELP I need sleep I didn't sleep last night either an have my 3 year old nephew who will be up at 6.
    Oh god he's up again.

7. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Hope he's OK today and you're not too tired.

8. mellowyellow

He finally settles about 3 but lucky my nephew Dident wake till 9:30. I've taken him to soft play so simba can get peace.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice