Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help me Choose!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Taylorbaby, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Help me choose my new girls pedgiree name please!

Im getting her from Elmstar so 'star' in their name, & Im frostymoon, so I wanted something that goes with that & she is a blue eye Snow & Ive called her Lilly :)

So this is for her Pedigree name :)

Selene (Greek) - Goddess of the Moon

Jupiter was the Roman God of thunder and lightning

Anahita
    "Immaculate One" : Her name means "Immaculate One." In the Zoroastrian religion, She is a Goddess of the Moon, Fertility and War. She is the Ruler of Water. The ancient Romans and Greeks considered Her the same as Diana/Artemis and Venus/Aphrodite. Her Sister-Goddess was Armaiti.

Nikkal Sumerian Moongoddess. Married to Nanna, Mother of Inanna.

Morrigan - Goddess of War, Revenge, Night, Magic and Prophecy. Queen of Fairies and Witches

The Triple Goddess -
    The Maiden, Mother and Crone all at once. Moon, Creator, Destroyer

Arianrhod (Welsh) - Star and Sky Goddess, Goddess of Beauty, Full Moon and Magical Spells

Astar The Ethiopian sky god. He forms a triad of gods with the sea god Beher and the warrior god Mahrem. Astar is third in rank.

Horus - The earliest royal god was the shape of a falcon, with the sun and moon as his eyes. The sky-god was the ruler of the day. The many forms of Horus are; Re-Harakhti, Harsiesis, Haroeris, Harendotes, Khenti-irti, Khentekhtay (the crocodile-god), and Harmakhis, which is Horus on the horizons, in which the Sphinx of Giza is considered to be his aspect.

BASTET.
    The cat-headed goddess, a local deity of the delta. The kindly goddess of joy, music and dancing. Cats were sacred to Bast as a symbol of animal passion. Bast's devotees celebrated their lady with processions of flower-laden barges and orgiastic ceremonies. Her festivals were licentious and quite popular.

HATHOR
    A sky goddess, sometimes represented as a woman with cow's horns between which hangs a solar disc, sometimes portrayed as a cow. Hathor concerns herself with beauty, love and marriage, and watches over women giving birth. Mother and wife of Ra. Hathor is also a goddess of death and offers comfort to the newly dead as they pass into the afterworld.

Artemis
    Artemis was the Goddess of the Hunt. She had 50 hounds and 50 Dreiads (wood nymphs) and a quiver full of painless silver arrows. She was the daughter of Zeus and Leto as well as being last of the three maiden goddesses (in addition to Hestia and Athena). Artemis didn't carry the moon across the sky, but being a moon goddess was definitely part of her identity. Stunningly beautiful, she swore never to marry - this is not a coincidence! She was the Protector of Young Women as well as a midwife. She was incredibly cool for a lot of reasons, but my favorite is that her worship ranged from very dark (human sacrifice) to personal (virgins dedicated her their lingerie on the night they married) to just fun (women dressing up like a bear and dancing).

ANINGAN
    The moon, brother to the sun whom Moon chases across the sky. Aningan has a great igloo in the sky where he rests. Irdlirvirissong, his demon cousin, lives there as well. The moon is a great hunter, and his sledge is always piled high with seal skins and meat.

2. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

I love Morrigan as a name, very pretty and elegant at the same time, maybe something like Morrigan moonshine..?

3. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

I like Jupiter, reminds me of fireman sam lol. Plus its thundering here at the moment:)

4. may

may PetForums VIP

I like a few of the names but I think Selene is the best:wink5:

5. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Arianrhod - as the meaning fits both star and moon

6. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I agree.

A lot of them are masculine names? Like Jupiter & Aningan.

7. jennibob

jennibob PetForums Newbie

Artemis,

I love that name,

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Hmmm Not sure im going with any of these now *sniff!*

its too hard picking these names!!! :(

9. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

LOL

I like Artemis. lovely meaning :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice