Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help ive tried everything.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by woodhams1000, Dec 28, 2007.

1. woodhams1000

woodhams1000 PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, I hope u all had a great christmas, im new to this site i do hope someone can help me i need some advise, ive got a 4 month old puppy staff she is fine in the house but just wont walk outside ive tried loads of things eg: treats, toys, even carrying her when i go out, but all she does is shake like mad and gets really scared. I dont know what else to do?

2. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

If she is on a collar maybe try changing over to a harness?
    Have you tryed walking her around the garden on her collar and lead? that may well help, you can try this indoors, walking her around your house and making a game of it :)

3. jan-c

jan-c Guest

Hello and welcome
    Please be patient with her and please do not react or try to reasure her when she is frightened as this will only make her worse. Try sitting on a bench with her and let her watch the world go by for a while, perhaps outside a shopping centre or supermarket just for short periods.
    perhaps you could even take her to a training club and ask if you can sit and watch for a couple of weeks until she gets a little braver with her surroundings.

4. woodhams1000

woodhams1000 PetForums Newbie

Hi, Thanks for the advise, She does were a harness already and i have tryed to get her to walk with the lead on in and around the house but she dont like that either, she will walk if you dont hold the lead but as soon as you pick it up she stops. I shall give the game thing a try and let you know how i get on. Thanks

5. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

No problem, have fun and good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice