Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! I need a judge

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Tollisty, May 24, 2010.

1. Tollisty

Tollisty PetForums VIP

I am looking for a judge and steward for a companion show on 4th July. It is being held as part of Stone fete, so lots of local dogs rather than show dogs. It is at Stone recreation ground, Stone, Kent. 2 mins from M25 J1.

Can anyone help?

I can't be at the show as I am at Windsor champ show that day, and everyone I have asked is there as well!

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I could do it, I dont really have any experience at judging
    But I do love dogs!!!

3. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

:( I love judging Companion shows - and the quality of entries is usually quite impressive and would be far enough away from my appointment the following week - sadly, I am also at Windsor :(

Have you tried contacting any of the local breed clubs to see if they have any 'C' List judges who might welcome the opportunity to expand their breed and judging knowledge?

4. findley

findley PetForums Member

I am at Windsor on the Thursday, I would be free to help and I can also bring my friend to steward for me. I live in Kent. Any good?

5. Tollisty

Tollisty PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone, I have found a judge :D
    Findley - would you like to steward for the pedigree classes and then swap and judge the novelty classes?

6. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

Toll imo you'd be better getting 2 judges, the day can drag on if you only have one ring ,i'd have helped you if i wasn't at a club show. all the best .

7. Tollisty

Tollisty PetForums VIP

I do usually have two rings, but to make it easier I'm just having one for this show. We don't usually get many pedigrees, mostly local dogs, so doing less pedigree classes :)

8. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

the fun classes are where the monies made. all the best x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice