Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HELP! I Found a Dog!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Paws&Claws, May 26, 2010.

1. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

I was driving home and just at the bottom of the road there was a rottie stood in the middle of the busy road! :eek: I pulled over and managed to get her into the car. Shes a lovely thing and very friendly however her nipples are large so i think shes either pregnant or feeding or on heat..

Ive rung the mobile number on the collar and left a message and sent a txt message and looked in the phone book to find the owners name (which i think i found as only one matched) and rang that and it said the same name and i left another message...

What do i do? Shes lovely but i think shes confused? There no one around and i was so scared she wud be hit by a car :frown: any advise? x

#1 Paws&Claws, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
    dobermum likes this.
  2. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Wait for a call back... if you get one...

All you can do really, give her access to food and water, treat her as your own until you get the call :)

I thought i'd found a staffy the other day, turns out he's always escaping and roaming the streets, but always goes home

3. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

Have you somewhere can keep her safe? Hopefully they are out looking for her and will be back to you - its a good sign that she has a collar with ID on as at least it means someone wants to be reunited with her.

If not can you pop her in the car and have a drive around to see if can see anyone looking for her/ ask people?

4. leashedForLife

i would turn her over to the ACC / Animal-care folks, and call the # again to tell them where to collect her -
    if they go promptly they will pay a minimal fee. be sure to ask what facility the dog will be held in,
    in a large area they may go to one of several.

good luck, hun - hope they pick her up soon. ** i for one would not return the dog to the supposed owners -
    the ACC can verify ownership, if the dog is licensed - which She Should Be, IMO. **

good on ya for getting her off the street + safe :)
    --- terry

5. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

Whenever have found a dog have asked as many people as possible as hopefully will find some fellow dog lovers to help you.

If you don't get a call back you would need to speak to the Dog Warden - which whould be an out of hours service at this time probably - the police aren't responsible for strays any more but they might be able to give you the right details.

WHerabouts are you?

6. rona

rona Guest

Phone your local dog warden. They will be able to scan her.
    You may have to keep her until morning though :(

7. leashedForLife

U did find him - at large, at risk, could get hurt / killed, could hurt someone else. :huh:

precisely why i let ACC sort it - the owners should be warned about the dog roaming at large, and a fine always helps
    to jog their memory - if not their conscience. :D i have no regrets, i am very democratic -
    ALL * loose * dogs * go to ACC. :thumbup:

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I dont know what to advise, is she ok with your girls? Could you ring the dog warden and tell them you have her and do the same with the police. If I lost Henrick thats where I would start looking for him.

9. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

oh bless her, im not sure what i would do, probably take her home and give her a drink. try the numbers a couple more times but like others said tell the police and warden incase they have heard anything

10. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Hi everyone!

Long story haha! The lady i was ringing was a lady who rehomes dogs, she puts the tag with her phone number on until the new owner has made one themselves. She told me the ladys name and said she would ring her. After a 5 minute wait the lady rang and said she couldnt get in touch with the owner but her address is.... so i went down with a note saying 'ur dogs ok ive got her and my phone number' i knocked on the door and no one was in, luckly a young lad said yes this is my house so i asked if they had a dog called Amber, he replied yes please say you have found her.. So the lad then rang his mum and sister (who were out looking) and we met up just near the pub i found her. I walked them back up to my house and Amber rekonised them straight away!

The owners were very nice and it was a case of them walking her across the road in the fields and one moment she was there and the next she was gone. Theyve had her since January and shes just come out of season.

Owner was in tears and so happy she found her and Amber had a very waggy tail

Happy Ending :D x

thedogsmother and babycham2002 like this.
  11. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

what a fantastic happy ending :thumbup:

12. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

glad it was a happy ending :D:thumbup:

13. thedogsmother

Awwww what a lovely ending, you are a good samaritan today then:thumbup:

14. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

:p I was sat with the dog in the car and ringing a mobile number and the owners actually walked past but i thought they were just going to the pub lol :rolleyes: anyway they are happy now :D

I caught her when i was driving home from seeing my mum in hospital x

15. thedogsmother

How is your mum?

16. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Good to hear a happy ending. :thumbup: :thumbup:

17. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Shes doing well... Shes in intensive care/recovery place so shes just being watched for tonight. Shes sat up in bed and shes on water atm but shes hoping to start having liquid food soon. Shes had a small reaction to the anesthetic but shes doing well. She didnt get in touch coz she didnt have her bag on her. shes there over night and ill be going to visit again tomorrow or she might be coming home tomorrow evening if shes feeling better :thumbup: x

18. thedogsmother

Awww send her my love and I hope she does get to come home, its miserable being stuck in hospital.

19. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

I'm so sad, that made me well up :) love happy endings like that, can just imagine what that woman was going through :(

20. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Ta! Its self inflicted lol Shes had her jaw moved :rolleyes: god knows why ud be willing to put urself through that lol :rolleyes: x

I was manicly ringing this number cause i thought this poor lady would be worried sick! Glad we found the owner though :D x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice