Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HELP guinea pig cages

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by aimeeleanne, Aug 21, 2019.

1. aimeeleanne

aimeeleanne PetForums Newbie

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    sorry for the violent capitals, but i’m just wondering whether this would be okay for two guinea pigs? there are puppy pads underneath the purple cover and i’ll be buying things to go in it from pets at home the barrier doesn’t move at all so they wouldn’t be able to get out unless they chewed the whole thing and it’s about 20 inches high. i’m going to buy a plug socket guard so that will be sorted. i just want to know if this is suitable :)

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Space wise might be ok. A duvet cover will not work as a bedding material. It must be fleece over puppy pads. Urine goes through fleece, it sits on the top of cotton.

I would replace that wooden panel with cage panel so the pigs can see out and you dont always appear as a figure looming above them.

Here is the cage i have. There are 3 in mine just now. 20190603_122633.jpg

You will also need to watch the sun from that window as your cage design doesnt allow air flow so, unless it never gets the sun, the pigs could get too hot.

How will you attach water bottles?

3. aimeeleanne

thanks for helping out. i was going to use bowls because i’ve been told it’s more natural for them to drink from and there’s nothing that they could accidentally kick into them. do you know any good fleeces i could buy? i do have some but they wouldn’t be big enough. it doesn’t let any direct sunlight through because there’s a huge tree at the bottom of the garden that blocks all sunlight (annoying when you’re sat out though.) i could change the panel at the front if i find any the right size. that’s what i was struggling to look for too

4. aimeeleanne

oh and i’ll try out that other forum too thanks :) i didn’t even know they did one just for guinea pigs!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice